New UC shots

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Spindoktor:

I ain't buying it. Still sounds like an oxymoron to me. I won't sleep tonight. Damn.

LMAO!!!

Actually the "boiling" part is the current temperature. The "snow" part is the weather. The boiling factor is probably 0 because the weather is snow, which implies cold - instead of the intense boiling heat.

....and then there's Chavik's explanation. Now I won't sleep tonite.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SC, that is simply amazing. Do you mind if I print some of those shots to show customers at work? Try and drive pre-sales, you know

BTW, will there be an improved interactive tutorial this time around? People drool over the prospects when I describe the game, and then I still end up spending an hour on the phone giving lessons to every person who buys it

quote:

Originally posted by Scrivener:

Do you mind if I print some of those shots to show customers at work? Try and drive pre-sales, you know

Go ahead

quote:

BTW, will there be an improved interactive tutorial this time around?

No. The game is idiot proof. I think.

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

- What's going on in photos 717-723, are those marines being shot at?!!

I'm jumping to show off the new physics. Those are various stages of a mid-air jump.

quote:

No. The game is idiot proof. I think.

ROFL not even pac-man or tetris are idiot proof

I have a question about the FP part - when you aim vertically, does the head goes up and down along with the gun or the head will keep looking forward while the gun moves? This really annoyed me in BCM

lsmf? I thought I read about the FP mode finally allowing to look up and down somewhere, am I totally mistaken there?

It's of course your decision, but I wonder what's so much better about not being able to look up and down (other than that being your preference, Derek ). I personally would prefer the crosshair to be in the center at all times - or better yet: No crosshair at all, but using the gun's iron sights (or scope) for precise aiming.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I personally would prefer the crosshair to be in the center at all times - or better yet: No crosshair at all, but using the gun's iron sights (or scope) for precise aiming.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would have prefered that too.

quote:

Originally posted by Werewolf:

lsmf? I thought I read about the FP mode finally allowing to look up and down somewhere, am I totally mistaken there?

It's of course your decision, but I wonder what's so much better about not being able to look up and down (other than that being your preference, Derek ). I personally would prefer the crosshair to be in the center at all times - or better yet: No crosshair at all, but using the gun's iron sights (or scope) for precise aiming.

You are talking about clearly different things and I have no idea what you're going on about.

Fact is, you CAN look in any direction and this has not changed since BCM and won't in UC. Thats what mouselook is for. Use it.

The crosshair marks the direction of fire and will always be there. If it means that much to you, go play another game which doesn't have a crosshair.

I never said that I was going to change ANY of this and have no idea where this is coming from.

The difference between having your head (the head attached to the mesh) turn in the direction of fire is subjective and won't even be an issue if there wasn't a third person view. And the only way you'd even know that the head doesn't actually turn, is if you were in multiplayer and you asked your friend "...hey Mitch!, am gonna turn, did my head turn?" "..no? uhm, ok, I'm gonna shake my ass now. Let me know if it wiggles or not"..."...what? it didn't shake? That sonofab*tch!!!"

....and of course, none of this detracts from the fp gameplay.

Maybe I should just disable the external camera views altogether because the game never was designed to be played from external views.

quote:

Originally posted by Extinct_Reptilia:

Speaking of external views ,

Is there any way of adding a crosshair to the external views, or atleast one of the external views, for targeting purposes? Maybe in the chase view? and would this require a lot of effort to add into the game?

Exactly which part of "because the game never was designed to be played from external views" did you not understand?

quote:

Originally posted by Extinct_Reptilia:

Well, it seems to operate fine to me. But I think if this enhancement was added it would make a substantial difference in my opinion. Just to have a crosshair in the 3rd person view while dogfighting other fighters would be awesome!

heh, "substantial" is "subjective"

First of all: Take it easy. It was just my two cents here.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

You are talking about clearly different things and I have no idea what you're going on about.

Okay... well the fact is I'm a BCM newbie. I do use mouselook (or at least I think I am), and all that moves vertically is the crosshair and the gun. If that's how it's intended to work, fine - I just wanted to express that I'd enjoy it more if it worked differently. If I screwed up something and BCM does allow me to look up and down using the mouse, forget what I was rambling about here.

quote:

The crosshair marks the direction of fire and will always be there. If it means that much to you, go play another game which doesn't have a crosshair.

What part of my post suggested such a narrow-mindedness on my side? My current project has crosshairs too, I can live with that quite well.

quote:

Originally posted by Werewolf:

If I screwed up something and BCM does allow me to look up and down using the mouse, forget what I was rambling about here.

uhm right

quote:

What part of my post suggested such a narrow-mindedness on my side? My current project has crosshairs too, I can live with that quite well.

I wasn't particularly responding to just your post, but collectively to similar queries in the thread.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

This really annoyed me in BCM

Then prepare to continue being annoyed - especially if you have nothing better to do. Hope you enjoy it.

Oh i still enjoy planetside, and Call of duty is coming soon. Not gonna annoy me.