New UC shots

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

...I swear, if the next set of shots I release don't make you folks catatonic with anticipation, check your pulse.

Actually, your screen shots have been having the opposite affect. I've been catatonic for years

but the screen shots have been resuscitating me back.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

By the Supreme Commander

...I swear, if the next set of shots I release don't make you folks catatonic with anticipation, check your pulse.

I am catatonic, have been for a week, maybe these screenshots will get my immune system into gear so I can kick this damn Flu bug, because it is kicking my butt.

So for the benefit of my health, PLEASE HURRY!!!

OK, here you go. For you n00bs who want me to spell everything out, draw you a map etc etc, these shots may seem confusing. But its simple.

I was on the deck of a carrier, after landing on it with a gunship.

I then ran to one end of the carrier, said my prayers, and jumped overboard.

That naval carrier battlegroup is directly above a naval sub base - which so happens to be about 4km down and sitting on the seabed.

Since I was in cheat mode, I had plenty of oxygen. Normally to get down there, you'd need to pinch a smaller sub (the Wraith, seen in some of the shots) and go down there. Then switch over and nab a larger sub or whatever.

Anyway, I swam around the base for awhile, then headed back up. The rest of the shots - I hope - are self-explanatory.

photo785

photo786

photo787

photo788

photo789

photo790

photo791

photo792

photo793

photo794

photo795

photo796

photo797

photo798

photo799

photo800

photo801

photo802

photo803

photo804

photo805

photo806

photo807

ps: No....

1. You can't kill the fish
  2. You can't eat the fish
  3. You can't be attacked by those sharks
  4. You can't fish off the deck of the carrier
  5. Fish ain't wots for dinner
  6. You can't use any weapons under water

My vid card is gonna be screaming for mercy!!

It is just gonna smoke when I run this on it....

Those are fantastic!!

Great Job!!

I want my UC!!!!

Now, hopefully I will be feeling better soon!! LOL

Oh, and there he is, John Doe, swimming with the fishies!!

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

Please tell me us space cowboy's battlecruisers come fitted with one of those cool Wraith thingys. j/k

eh, no, they don't

quote:

Just wondering, does it get any darker, any murkier deep down, or at night etc?

Yes

quote:

Posted by the Supreme Commander

nah, its just gonna get fed a pixel shader and it's just gonna throw up all over that SB Live

I had to take a few minutes and get over my coughing fit after laughing so hard. ROFLMAO!!

Well, after having picked up after my 3 kids, I hope that I can manage to pick up after this thing pukes.....

Because it's gonna, time to add to the old Christmas list, #1: New Video Card 256 meg memory, pixel shader capable.... AGP 8X... not les then $300. Yeah right, like Santa will get me that for Christmas, well, I'll add it anyway and cross my fingers.

quote:

Is there any water effects when impacting the water, like how that marine did in those pictures? Any splash?

Do ships leave water 'contrails' or foam tracks of any sort while moving?

You did really good up to that point, then you tossed in this...

quote:

and waves dont exist, do they?

Quit making assumptions and just ask the fricking question..... Sheesh!!!

I placed a warning today over at Dreamcatcher, basically saying that if a poster starts cluttering up the forum with nonsense, and questions that have already been answered, or is questionable in other ways, expect to get slammed, and possibly banned from further posting.

Please, look for the answers to your questions first before asking them, if you cannot find the answers, ask a straight forward succinct question, and do not make assumptions.

Nothing pisses me off more then some joker making an assumption and then asking the question.

Just ask the question, things will go easier on you.

i recall shuttles bobbing a bit in BCM, althought I'm not sure if the water itself had some kind of movement.

I have questions on my own -

Thats great, but you're gonna have to play the game and find out. No more silly and foolish questions in this thread - or the forum - please. Enough is enough and its just getting plain ridiculous.

[ 11-14-2003, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I have a response to all questions. WAIT FOR THE FRIGGEN GAME AND BE SURPRISED. I mean the screenshots alone should answer all questions and that is IT'S COMING ALONG JUST GREAT. What's the point of buying a new game you know everything it can do. The whole point of this BC series is exploration and discovery let's keep it that way folks.

quote:

You can't use any weapons under water

Awww common at least throw in spear gun or else the only thing while the AE swims and any enemy swimmers will be doing is underwater ballet with each other. Anyway, great looking game ya got there . Boy are you gunna need a break when it's all over.

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

quote:

Awww common at least throw in spear gun or else the only thing while the AE swims and any enemy swimmers will be doing is underwater ballet with each other.

Yeah, I know - but I won't need to add - yet another gun. I'd probably just allow some weapons to work under water. Its not going to be in the final release, thats for sure.

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

quote:

Awww common at least throw in spear gun or else the only thing while the AE swims and any enemy swimmers will be doing is underwater ballet with each other.

Yeah, I know - but I won't need to add - yet another gun. I'd probably just allow some weapons to work under water. Its not going to be in the final release, thats for sure.
Oooooo that would be cool. I was joking around with the spear gun it wasn't like a suggestion or anything to give ya more work or something .

• 2 weeks later...

Wow... I mean wow.... a guy goes away for awhile..

and blam...you go rename the game, start taking pre-orders and dammit look at all those purdy pictures ya dun gone and posted SC.

Very well done...I'm looking forward to kicking the tires on this one.

Cheers

chuckle.. I get it..

Nice to be back. I was recruited back in June into a new firm, the senior partner there had been after me for a couple of years, but the terms weren't to my liking. I liked calling my own shots and was never very good at ass kissing. However, he finally came around with an offer that I can live with. It's less of a logistical hassle than running my own show and I can now focus more on the things I do well. I Guess you can relate to that one.

Long story short I had to wind down my old practice and get settled into the new digs.

heh... thanks for noticing I was gone. Looks like it has been a satisfying year for you as well. Glad to see that you seem to be having fun again.

Cheers