UC Video

Banquet

Hi Guys,

I spent yesterday evening and the better part of today making a 4 minute video, taken from UC.

It's a practise attempt really. I want to do another one that hopefully will be better all round. It was good fun though, and shows some of UC's great features.. If anyone's interested they can download it from the link below;

http://www.deep-puddle.com/

I hope it works. The file is 28 meg zipped. I've never hosted a file before so if something goes wrong, put it down to me being an idiot.

edit: it's in windows media format

Cheers

When I get my hands on my ccopy of UC I will also make a video (Being a video editer at a TV station helps hhehehehe)

My process involves recording footage to DV (via the svideo-out on my gfx card) then edit the footage in my NLE.

I have already made a video for another game I love called Trainz 2004

http://members.iinet.net.au/~nakaleen/vide...%20Demo%202.avi

It is in Divx 5 format

(45 min worth of wild footage was used to make this video hehehee)

quote:

Originally posted by Grizzle:

I was working on one with BCMG, but decided to wait until UC was out. Been thinking about it lately and I think you just sparked me to it.

DL'ing as I type it's, purty slow.

Sorry man, sounds like my web provider ain't so great at this.

Nakaleen,

You're vid sounds good. I'll d/l it tomorrow and take a look. I used fraps to capture screens for this. I only used 15fps but it still took 18 gig to get the scenes for the vid. I don't think my card has svideo out. That would be the perfect solution tho!

quote:

Originally posted by Grizzle:

Great Job Banquet!!

Lotsa real nice transitions and such. Now I'm either going to impress you or look like a fool, Music by The Stranglers?

Grizzle,

Thanks

Yep, it's the stranglers (I'm impressed!)

Couldn't find half my cd's so the song I wanted didn't make it, but I thought that sounded kinda apt in a strange way

Hehehe I haven't desided on music for mine yet. Was thinking of something like Daft Punk again (the music from the Trainz video is from their album Discovery') Or maybe some ELO... depends on what vision I can get (I haven' got the hand of baing on the planet, tanks, gunships walking etc...)

Thanks guys

Cougar_DK, I used Video Vegas 4 to edit it. I could have gone further with some of the effects but didn't want it to look too weird.

UC has so many elements it's a dream to use for this kind of thing. It actually fills a role as a kinda film directors software sandbox.

'Cut!! Resnig, get out of the frame!'

Just d/l it this morning and viewed it. I am very VERY impressed. I loved the use of the light flare effect as a type of dissolve effect.

Also haveint the centre of the action in the right hand corner was interesting.

The choise of music was very good too. At first I have shosen just plain BG music, but now I am rethinking and going through my collection now for a better song.

I with I can get started on mine (but EB is stuffing around with my credit card, wanting more info etc... *sigh*) my home equipment is ready and waiting hehehehe I even got a couple of blank DV tapes for it.

Anyway, thanks for *hopefully* inspiring others to make videos on UC as well.

• 2 weeks later...