BCM & BCTE preview in PCXL April Issue

Supreme Cmdr

The April issue of PC Accelerator, sister mag to PC Gamer, contains a 2-page preview of these titles. Here is a quote from the final paragraphs. If you come across a copy, pick it up!

quote:

"The whole project is once again, ambitious, but the potential continues to grow. Lets hope

that Smart has learned lessons from his rigors thus far in the industry. With great graphic

support helping to create a distinctive look to the different elements of the galaxy,

BCM will hopefully enjoy a smoother journey to store shelves, and better consumer reaction.

This game may still need to be dumbed down in order to attract the wider audience, but its

certain that any discussion of forthcoming space sims such as Starlancer, Tachyon and Freelancer,

should include Battlecruiser Millennium as genuine competition."

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 03-13-2000).]

And I Quote::: "Add to that an ambitious goal of hosting up to 100 players online, and Tachyon may be the biggest space sim on the block when it's released late this year.":::

Can you believe that crap? I think that the only difference between BC3000 being the best game of the year instead of just some other game, is advertising. You need to airdrop propaganda from the sky, SC. You need to shout it out from the rooftops or something. Anyways, I liked the review.

------------------

Cmdr Chaos

Spectre Fleet

ICV Banshee

"Do it with a smile and a mad gleam in your eye."

I'd like to tell a story. Down in good 'ole Missouri, there is a little resturaunt called "Smokehouse." Now, the Smokehouse doesn't advertise. "Then how do they stay in business," you ask. Well, when people drive by, they get a whiff of the fantastic Bar-B-Qing going on inside. They think, "damn, that smells sweet!" So they go in. They have dinner, then tell their friends about how great this resteraunt is. So in the 10 years Smokehouse has been in business, they've never had to advertise. They're just the best at what they do.

Battlecruiser is the same way. I found out about Battlecruiser slowly, through the net. I didn't read in any magazine or online article how BC was the "be all, end all of games." I heard that from players. I heard it in bits and pieces around the net. Then I found this site. I got a whiff of the greatness. Then I went and bought my copy on v2.0. I had my dinner. Now I sing it's praises to anyone who will listen.

Hype is nothing more than hype. Judge something on what you think it is, not what some pompous journalist tells you it is.

------------------

Cmdr. Ross "Rippen" Banta

GCV Olympus Belle

*1st Squadron, *Hell Hounds

Stationed, Starbase Hades

"Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!"

ICQ# 62819463 EST

=WRAITH FLEET=

[This message has been edited by Rippen (edited 03-13-2000).]

quote:

This game may still need to be dumbed down in order to attract the wider audience.

I think the audience needs to be wisened up IMHO wink.gif

quote:

...Battlecruiser Millennium as genuine competition.

"genuine" ..HAH! "The Ultimate" sounds more like it smile.gif

Wow, just read it. Nice layout for BC:M, that should bring in some new blood. I especialy enjoyed your answer to the 5'th question. If there's ever a fire at a gaming convention I'll be sure to follow your survival tactics ;]