UC Review - Digital Entertainment

Supreme Cmdr

You can tell the men from boys from the Game ratings link. Rather, the ones that gave UC more than half a shot and took a little bit more time with the game than other reviewers. However, the review link (I use the term "review" lightly) is nothing more than a simple commentary rather than a constructive and detailed review. It's almost as if he ran the game and did a little bit of this and a little bit of that all in a matter of ten minutes. The fact that he gripes about the control scheme is evidence of this because if he played the game more than an hour he'd have no problem with the keyboard scheme. Actually, if I didn't know any better, it looks like he just read other people's reviews and synthesized that commentary based on those. Anyway, may I suggest to him that he use Game Commander if he has problems with the control scheme. I sit playing UC snickering at those that don't realize what a gem of a game this is and what they are missing.

[ 05-04-2004, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]

Im starting to get ill of reviews that says "non-intuitive keyboard layout","too many keys to memorize"...Try to play Combat Flight simulator2/3 at full realism for some hours till you use all controls.DO you find that controls intuitive??Now switch to IL-2FGB and try to play for some hours.Dont you feel a bit stressed?or maybe overwhelmed? I havent seen anyone *****ing about the inmense quantity of keys to memorize,specially at IL2.Now why do they find that UC or BCG has a lot of keys???? UC is far more easy to get used to with the keyboard than any of the 2 games above.I dont even know how to raise my shields or turn off the engine,not talking about powering the PTA or the IOD,I just use the interface with the mouse to do it.Simple and quick.Why those d***s cant find this out?? I learned to do that way inside the first hour of playing BC3000ad.Im I a mega high IQ? Should I change my job and start to rate complex and high-learning-curve games?

quote:

Im starting to get ill of reviews that says "non-intuitive keyboard layout","too many keys to memorize".

Really!! now lets see...I want to fly the biggest, baddest, life like...most advanced...space battle cruiser, ever imagined....."and I want to do EVERYTHING with 4 buttons,a joystick, and a mouse!!!"

hummm.............with BC/UC, I CAN do that, if I choose!

"...but...but...learning is sooooo hard!"