Interview on File Front

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Q: Did you get any outlandish suggestions, like being able to use vessels shaped in forms of various foods?

A: No nothing of that nature. My fan base knows better than to make crazy suggestions.

Oh yeah wanna bet. I wouldn't mind seeing a few pizza slice fighters with peperoni on top and how about a side order of eggroll missles (pork not shrimp I hate shrimp eggroll)

I mean honestly where did they dig that question up from.

Good article though.

BTW: offtopic here but so I don't clog up the joint with another post. Thanks for keep pumping out all the game updates. I know it's a lot of work and believe me it does not go unappreciated.

quote:

Originally posted by DeepFreeze:

"DC is a valuable company as they help with improvements to the game"

That must have hurt very bad to say that.

I didn't write that. That should be obvious to anyone who knows me enough.

I had a ton of interviews from DC, so I told them they had a choice. Either I go do interviews and stiffle development or they assign it to someone who can then answer them from stock answers I'd already given in other recent interviews. Most of the questions are the same old rubbish I'd already been asked before.

So they assigned it to the UCAWA producer at DC. He answered to the best of his abilities, I did some final additions, revisions etc and sent it back. They gave it the once over and sent it off. Guess which parts got added.

Anyway, its normal procedure for the publisher to handle interviews. I've been swamped with UC and UCAWA (which goes Gold in April) of late; and coupled with my auto accident, haven't had time for much else.

As to the "improvements to the game", DC only does testing for the game and submit bug reports as they are found. The ability to find bugs that we miss, is an improvement I suppose; despite the fact that only two valid bugs - thus far - have even been submitted and which were subsequently fixed.

Apart from publishing the game, they don't do anything else. Feature requests are automatically and immediately discarded with a stern warning from me as I have no intentions of ever letting a publisher determine what I should or shouldn't do with my games.

[ 03-29-2005, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]