Interview on Gamers Info

Supreme Cmdr

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

amersInfo.net:Some of the articles on the prior games comment that the UI is cumbersome and a steep learning curve for the game. Has this been addressed in the sequel?

Derek Smart: That's just inaccurate. Like any game, you have to learn how to play it. Most of those people saying that the interface is cumbersome are those who have never played the game and are just echoing what others have said. I mean, what is cumbersome about point and click? The entire game is mouse driven. The manual is one of the most extensive and comprehensive in the industry. The interface is laid out in such a way that a blind mouse could find his way around. In fact, the interface is no more cumbersome than any traditional RTS or MMO game.

Sure, like any new game, the interface can be a little challenging at first. But believe me, once you get into it and more involved in the game, you learn to work with the controls and understand its functions. Eventually it becomes second nature!

Well, considering my sudden breakthrough with my controlling the vessels, this is extremely true SC... It isn't hard at all once you figure it out... I think most people are just over-analyzing it.

quote:

GamersInfo.net:Some of the articles on the prior games comment that the UI is cumbersome and a steep learning curve for the game. Has this been addressed in the sequel?

Derek Smart: That's just inaccurate. Like any game, you have to learn how to play it. Most of those people saying that the interface is cumbersome are those who have never played the game and are just echoing what others have said. I mean, what is cumbersome about point and click? The entire game is mouse driven. The manual is one of the most extensive and comprehensive in the industry. The interface is laid out in such a way that a blind mouse could find his way around. In fact, the interface is no more cumbersome than any traditional RTS or MMO game.

Sure, like any new game, the interface can be a little challenging at first. But believe me, once you get into it and more involved in the game, you learn to work with the controls and understand its functions. Eventually it becomes second nature!

I suppose that if these gaming "journalists" don't get it by now, they never will. C'mon kids, this is a simulator!!! It's supposed to have a steep learning curve. That's part of the siren song of the BC series. Oh well SC, do what you have to do to get some press coverage even if you have to answer the same brainless question over and over.