I can not kill anything!

chrismoney7

I just got UC today and I decided that i might try the campaign.

I started it up and I soon found myself in a giant battle with a bunch of other ships. After a few minutes of battle i soon found out that NONE of the other ships could be killed, while my ship was taking damage. I could get rid of their shields but their hull would not get damaged AT ALL.

I thought that it might have been some odd thing added to make that level harder so i started an instant action game. I was able to damage the C&C place on a planet a little bit with my ATS missiles, but i never killed it before I landed and got lost and killed myself.

So then i started a Roam as a gammulan , and i flew my CC down to a planet to destroy some raiders. After i finished shooting my main guns at a building in a city for 30 seconds i decided that they must not be destroyable and moved on to a base. I went to command&control place again, and blasted it with my main guns alot, and its armor/hull would not move at all.

It looks like everything in the game can not be killed. Everything has infinite health or something because NOTHING got damaged.

Im guessing that the ships in the first campaign mission aren't supposed to be invincible to annoy me, and i really hope that all the other buildings in the game aren't meant to be the same way.

Could someone please tell me what is going on here? I really want to play this game, but it is very boring when I am the only person in the universe that can get damaged.

[ 02-08-2004, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: TheBunny ]

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the same problem and reinstalled. No luck. Enemy ships are invincible and I seem to take damage only. My cd is ok I didn't make copies or anything so it's definitely not a bad cd

[ 02-09-2004, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: Outlaw ]

Bunny did you try setting your fighter on autopilot and ordering it to attack the enemy ships and observing damage? I tried that myself and every time the fighter is within laser range and firing at the target no hull damage is taken and I have my eye on the vid screen on the right the whole time. Anybody else got these problems? I don't want to rule out a bad disc and buying another copy just yet.

I would really like to know what is going on...

I must be so bad that the game refuses to let me get any kills.

I just reinstalled last night and I will try playing now and see if i can destroy anything now.

The game looks great except for 3 problems I had(Menus get a bit messed up in high resoloution, and the screen that pops up when the peogram is being started still says "Battlecruiser Generations" even though this is Universal Combat now.)

I'm not even going to say what the 3rd problem I had is, because you people would never stop laughing at me.

The game looks great though, I like flying really low and watching all of the birds and animals and stuff. It looks very nice! The only problem is I can't destroy anything that I see

[ 02-09-2004, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: TheBunny ]

Sounds like the AI is using the /i cheat. HAHA. That would be funny if SC snuck something like that in.

IF player== "the bunny"

%commandline = %commandline AI /i

But seriously, I've only played IA stuff. I'm killing stuff but its the usual FC against AI FCs difficulty. The cap ship stuff is easy if you can earn your wings fighting fighters with fighters.

Well...I just got out of my first real firefight and oh boy!. Up til now I've just been dinking around, mostly on Earth, but I just took out a Spacestar and two fighters. So no problems with damage here.

In fact, I really knocked that Spacestar for a loop, he made the mistake of letting me get broadside and my PTA's ripped him apart (that and a well placed missile or two.) The first fighter went down rather spectacularly too, right off my bow. I was trying to slow down so as not to overshoot him when he came right at me, I let loose a missile just before he passed and it immediately did a 180 and got him up the exhaust pipe...that was sweet.

I finally destroyed something, just not in the normal way

I started another campaign and i got into the giant fight again. I was shooting at this ship and its shields were gone, but i still couldent kill it, its hull would NOT move down.

So i decided to ram into it. And my ship was IMPALED by this other ship. I finally turned off my engines when i found i coulden't get free, and the ship was dragging me around with it!

After my shields were gone i was taking heavy damage, and the other ship took none!!!

So I got out of my ship into my space suit, and i shot a missile at it. The ship blew up!!!!!

I couldent kill it with my main guns, but missiles work fine. What is wrong?

You know whats really funny? The fact that over and over and over there have been discussions about how the laser effectiveness degrades over time etc. Yet - and even though there are calculations for this in the appendix - people still try to fire their lasers from 500km away and expect it to make a single dent on the target.

Mind boggling. You all belong right back in the academy.

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

You know whats really funny? The fact that over and over and over there have been discussions about how the laser effectiveness degrades over time etc. Yet - and even though there are calculations for this in the appendix - people still try to fire their lasers from 500km away and expect it to make a single dent on the target.

Mind boggling. You all belong right back in the academy.

Now that was funny!

Ahhhh those bunny scripts were fun

Stormcarriers everywhere.... Ahhh so fun......

I haven't seen any discussions about laser effectiveness and stuff..... (i've been gone a long time)

But even with that I still rammed my ship into that other one, there is NO WAY they didn't get damaged...

I need to try again i guess...

And about MP, i still havent figured out how to get MP to work yet...

Man im a n00b....

[ 02-09-2004, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: TheBunny ]

No, the ships are impossible to kill, they are invincible.

I blasted the enemy with my main guns at a range of 0! No effect on hull. I launched EVERY MISSILE I HAD, EVERY ONE OF THEM HIT, not even a scratch.

They are impossible to kill, MY ALLIES AND I shot that ship with all our PTA turrets, main guns, and missiles. NOTHING got through. NOTHING!

What is going on?

[ 02-09-2004, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: TheBunny ]

NO this is NOT a joke!

Give me a link to a good screen capture video program, ill record the whole thing!

I can destroy NOTHING!

I already reinstalled!

I'm so confused.....

I think ill just take a vacation in game while i wait.... Maybe to Jupiter, ill just land there....

And i dont know who set my avatar, i think i tried to change mine to an animated one before, but i guess they arent allowed and a moderator changed it to this.....

Hehe, I was hoping for a solution but so far nothing, hang in there bunny lets wait and see so far its just you and I with this problem. All else fails, there's always BCMG which is still a great game.

[ 02-09-2004, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Outlaw ]

Maybe you two got the game that Derek coded to shoot rubber bullets.

Seriously, so far it seems to be just the two of you that have the problem. No one else is claming this.

Also, in order for the beta testers to help you it would be nice to see your system specs. Neither of you have created a link so we can see what system and drivers your rig has.

For my part at least, I can confirm this issue in Instant Action Scenario IA101. It is reproducible.

Upon starting the scenario, I instantly try to jump to the transport I'm supposed to be protecting. As I come out of hyperspace, the enemy fighters engage and destroy the transport and me and my wingmen then turn to engage the enemy fighters.

I can bring down the enemies shields easily with no problems, I simply cannot damage their hull. Something else odd I noticed is that their shields were NOT recharging; I would deplete them with weapons fire and they would stay down.

After I attempted to destroy the fighters myself, I jumped to GALCOM HQ, I figured its heavy weapons would take care of the problem. Sure enough, the station begins to fire its insanely powerful beam weapons but they have no effect on the fighter at first. However, after about 1-2 minutes of fire from the staiton, the fighters are destroyed.

I don't know if this issue exists anywhere else, but it does, at least, exist in this particular scenario for me.