I can not kill anything!

chrismoney7

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Firehawk:

I can bring down the enemies shields easily with no problems, I simply cannot damage their hull. Something else odd I noticed is that their shields were NOT recharging; I would deplete them with weapons fire and they would stay down.

I'll have to try out that IA scenario tonight, but one thing that has been around since BC3K is that if a fighters shields are taken out they don't recharge. YOu have to recover the fighter and recharge them on the CC.

quote:

Originally posted by Outlaw:

quote:

Something else odd I noticed is that their shields were NOT recharging

Yes I encountered this as well. Firehawk, have you encountered similar problems with the other instant action scenarios?

I think I know which scenario you are talking about. Some of them have the stats for the entities in the scenario hardwired. As for shields, if they are fully breached, they won't recharge. It has always been this way.

actually, i noticed that i couldn't damage the hull, and neither could the friendly npcs, but as soon as the other friendlys were destroyed, i could kill the attacking ships. i just figured that the enemy wasn't supposed to be dead untill i was the last one alive.

oh, and ive noticed that on at least one scenario

i couldn't kill 2 structures, the enemy launch pad, and the bunkers.

[ 02-10-2004, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: BobTheInsomniac ]

ok I tried out IA101 and I see what The Bunny is talking about.

The enemy fighters were getting bounced around by station PTA and SDM's as well as my own missiles but the fighters never took damage beyond their shields. I'll see if this is happening in ROAM tonight.

quote:

Originally posted by Bandus:

I've experienced this same issue in the same scenario (IA101).

Yeah. And I suppose - despite what I posted above - it STILL hasn't occured to anyone that I did that on purpose? Right? Of course not.

Man you guys are a disgrace to the corps.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Bandus:

I've experienced this same issue in the same scenario (IA101).

Yeah. And I suppose - despite what I posted above - it STILL hasn't occured to anyone that I did that on purpose? Right? Of course not.

Man you guys are a disgrace to the corps.

I understand now.

/me goes back to airlock.

[ 02-10-2004, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Eclipse ]

Guest Fox__Trot

Did it in roam mode

I was playing rome mode today and was shooting the hell out of another enemy BC at less then .5 clicks

and although This screenshot sucks

in it ive RAMMED through the other ship without myself taking any damnge (My sheilds collapsed) and the raider's armor holding although its shields ALSO collapsed and since this is in roam mode im pretty sure thats not supposed to happen

ive noticed it once before on a fighter but ignored it - since it did eventually flee the system I was worried about a fighter

[ 02-11-2004, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: Fox__Trot ]

Rubbish. There is no scripting in ROAM

quote:

Originally posted by TheBunny:

Most games I play dont have invincible enemies on the first level....

But I guess this game isn't really like any other game I play.....

Strange, but ok. I guess I have to run .

Nonsense. They're not invinsible. They just have inpenetrable hull/armor. geez.

[ 02-11-2004, 07:06 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

OK, I just tried the IA101 scenario. I had no problem killing the Intercepter MK1 with two missiles. However at point blank range my guns were completely ineffective after a considerable amount of combat. So my question is.... Was this scenario designed specifically so that the guns do no damage? Or is this particular gun not supposed to have an effect on the MK1?

BTW, this is the standard non patched release.

I don't know about the Instant Action scenarios, but I can that the following happens (reproducably) at the start of UC's ACM:

The two hostiles that spawn immediately as the campaign starts cannot be destroyed until the message "You now have fleet command and control" appears. You can beat down their shields to zero, but their hulls take no damage until that message appears. The enemy fighters, however, can be destroyed immediately.

Also, I don't know if this was intended but I noticed that two identical ships named GCV-Vanguard spawn in addition to GCV-Hellguard. Later in the mission, when you are joined by GCV-Wildcat and the other GCV ship (can't remember the name) there are two of the other ship there as well.

Right after rendevous with the Wildcat the game CTD.

quote:

Originally posted by Olias7:

The two hostiles that spawn immediately as the campaign starts cannot be destroyed until the message "You now have fleet command and control" appears. You can beat down their shields to zero, but their hulls take no damage until that message appears.

Thats because you were engaging them before they were fully initialized in the game world.

I should point out that my engagement of these forces and this temporary hull/armor invulnerability is occuring after waiting for them to arrive from hyperspace and while they are dishing a beating to the two Vanguards and the Hellguard.