Ship's Maximum Speed

chrismoney7

One thing I have noticed in UC that was different in BCM is that ships move alot slower.

In BCM you could go 90 km(or whatever the distance measure is) in a much shorter amount of time than in UC.

This gets very annoying when I go to a station and when my hyperdrive is done it gets me about 70km away from the station. This was ok in BCM, but in UC it takes about 2 minutes to get to the station, even longer if the autopilot is flying.

I was wondering why this was changed for UC. It took the autopilot 4 minutes to get to the warp gate after it hyperdrived there.

This gets even worse when I want to set up some mining drones on a planet when I start a new roam game, they have to fly over 800km to the planet. This takes about 10-15 minutes. And because it is not over 1000, they cant hyperdrive there.

I would really like to know why this was changed, I thought it was fine the way it was before.

quote:

Originally posted by TheBunny:

One thing I have noticed in UC that was different in BCM is that ships move alot slower.

In BCM you could go 90 km(or whatever the distance measure is) in a much shorter amount of time than in UC.

This gets very annoying when I go to a station and when my hyperdrive is done it gets me about 70km away from the station. This was ok in BCM, but in UC it takes about 2 minutes to get to the station, even longer if the autopilot is flying.

I was wondering why this was changed for UC. It took the autopilot 4 minutes to get to the warp gate after it hyperdrived there.

This gets even worse when I want to set up some mining drones on a planet when I start a new roam game, they have to fly over 800km to the planet. This takes about 10-15 minutes. And because it is not over 1000, they cant hyperdrive there.

I would really like to know why this was changed, I thought it was fine the way it was before.

I have absolutly no gripes about this and I think it adds a lot more too the gameplay. BTW With ur drone deployment problems, throw a waypoint 200 km out to add to the 800 km then have waypoint two be on the planet so they hyperjump...

quote:

Originally posted by TheBunny:

One thing I have noticed in UC that was different in BCM is that ships move alot slower .... I was wondering why this was changed for UC. .... I would really like to know why this was changed, I thought it was fine the way it was before.

I may get roasted for this, but I think probably the reason is to make the game more stable in a Multiplayer environment. When they added Land Speeders in Star Wars Galaxies a lot of people complained that they were too slow, but the developers said that if they were any faster they would throw the MP world out of sync with some computers which could cause it to crash. Of course I could be way off base on this.

quote:

I may get roasted for this, but I think probably the reason is to make the game more stable in a Multiplayer environment.

You maybe right, but I thought it was to add more action focus to UC. More vehicles/ships moving slower = more conflict over a period of time. Something like that.

quote:

Originally posted by Spindoktor:

quote:

I may get roasted for this, but I think probably the reason is to make the game more stable in a Multiplayer environment.

You maybe right, but I thought it was to add more action focus to UC. More vehicles/ships moving slower = more conflict over a period of time. Something like that.

Not only does it add more "action" by being in areas longer to experience more battles... it keeps the scope of the game realistic... I love flying to earth... for like 10 minutes and it fills up the screen... only to see that im no where close to entering the atmosphere yet!

About deploying drones, after you launch the shuttles tell them to fly to (NOT jump at...) a navigation object or anything far away and they'll jump, then tell them to resume waypoints. They travel a longer journey but in less than 1/4 of the time.

quote:

Originally posted by Darkling:

Not even close. It had nothing to do with that because the speeds in mp have no side effects because I use a spline based prediction method.

I slowed them down for the reasons I already stated. If it was because of mp, I would have said so, won't I?

Consider yourself duly roasted.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Darkling:

Not even close. It had nothing to do with that because the speeds in mp have no side effects because I use a spline based prediction method.

I slowed them down for the reasons I already stated. If it was because of mp, I would have said so, won't I?

Consider yourself duly roasted.

Hmm.... Smells like chicken