UC in Canada

Avimimus

I am new here and not sure if I am sticking my head in the proverbial alligators mouth.

Here in Canada (where we often gets an unbalanced supply of software), I could only find one store carrying UC, it was Staples/Business-Depo (a hardware/supply store) and they had it in with their cheap/low quality games section near the bottom. Its price of twenty dollars Cdn. for a new product gave me the impression that something must be horribly wrong with it.

I have seen this before, distributers don't get the product to the right place at the right time, in the right quantity and the product sinks.

My question is simple:

Is there anything preventing Derek Smart taking UC and retooling it back to BCG for a few months and then selling it for an appropriate price?

[ 03-03-2004, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Avimimus:

I have seen this before, distributers don't get the product to the right place at the right time, in the right quantity and the product sinks.

I guess you haven't been keeping up here with what's been going on. But let's just say that when I went to buy my copy, I had to go to 5 Gamestop's / EB Games before I found my copy (the last one) and every store that I went to, told me that they sold out. This product is definitely NOT sinking.

I know none of this is an ideal situation, but with UC selling like hotcakes, maybe all the additional exposure will, in the end, do quite a bit of good.

When people see the posibilities they can have in a game, they may crave for more. (And after reading you latest interview on HomeLan, here's hoping )

Cheers!

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

And you can't find it because - according to DC - its selling like mad.

I am really happy to hear that, and hope it continues to sell well for a long time!