Station Supply

Darkling

I had taken over Pixan, waited for the shields to go back up almost 100% and the Hull was up about 50-60% before I left to capture Synganstar. Once I captured Syanganstar I waited a while then checked the probe that I left near Pixan and saw that the Sheilds & Hull were at 100%, so I went to capture Idan. After I captured the Idan station, I noticed that Pixan had been captured and the shields and hull were still at 100% so I'm assuming that the reason it fell back into enemy hands is becuase it wasn't getting resupplied. Here's my questions:

1. Does sending captured fighters and shuttles count towards resupplying the stations?

2. Can you force a resupply by towing frieghters and delivering them to the stations?

3. Is the station able to "Use" the captured ships that you send to it?

4. Does buying materials from the station reduce the "supply" level of the station as it relates to it sending an SOS.

5. Does selling materials to the station help to increase it's "supply" level as it relates to keeping it on your side?

Dont quote me (SC, dont hit me either), but I bet if you sell stuff at the station that it does not produce, it will count toward supply.

I mean, why supply beer to an Agri. station when they could find more use for radine? (Well, bring the beer anyways...)

• 5 years later...

I guess I'm trying to figure this out as well. Is there a way to capture and HOLD a station while you move on? Or is it just inevitible that they'll rebuild?

I destroyed a station today and it was rebuilt in a couple of hours and in enemy hands. I left it. Perhaps I should've captured it? then try and destroy any hostiles coming into the sector?

I'm just trying to learn how our actions affect the universe. Thanx for your help.

Capturing and destroying are two different things. If you capture a station, it remains captured. If destroyed and rebuilt, it will revert to the original alliance.

Thanx for your help. So I guess if one day I get a fleet going I can leave some protection for the station. That way I may be able to hold it for some length of time.

Thanx for your help. So I guess if one day I get a fleet going I can leave some protection for the station. That way I may be able to hold it for some length of time.

Best when you capture a station is to stay around for a while untill it gets back to full strength.

Best when you capture a station is to stay around for a while untill it gets back to full strength.

I just tried to capture it a few times. Each time I failed cuz it blew up. :birthday:

I would get it down to like 700 armor and wait. Finally I don't remember the number the armor was at but it said disabled. However, I never did get an SOS after waiting a couple of minutes. Then I noticed the shields recharging. I didn't realize my PTA was till on and boooooom.

Retry:

Ok I just went back and tried a few more times. Each time I got the armor down into the 45-50 range and waited. This time although I saw flames from the station, no distress or SOS signal. In fact it didn't say "disabled" like it did before.

Oh BTW its the Ter/Ins Borealis Station at Lennen. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Capturing stations is tricky at first, but you wil lget the hang of it. There are lots of topics covering this matter on this forum, but here's what I do:

Fire 100% IOD at the station untill armor gets down to 4-300, then switch IOD to 10% power. Gently bring it down to <30 armor, and carefully watch the numbers right below the target's name and classification in the VDD in VID mode, these are the target's sub-systems status; hangar, engines, weapons, reactor. If any of those is down to 0, the station blows up.

Capturing stations is tricky at first, but you wil lget the hang of it. There are lots of topics covering this matter on this forum, but here's what I do:

Fire 100% IOD at the station untill armor gets down to 4-300, then switch IOD to 10% power. Gently bring it down to <30 armor, and carefully watch the numbers right below the target's name and classification in the VDD in VID mode, these are the target's sub-systems status; hangar, engines, weapons, reactor. If any of those is down to 0, the station blows up.

Thanx so much for the info. I'll give it a try. :birthday:

yea...once the hull is down to less than 70, turn off the PTA's, because those will kill the station if they're aimed at the station, if ur main guns wont.

If u got it to where it cant take another shot, and its not sending an sos, wait for the hull to get back up, and then try to capture it.

Dont let any of the sub systems go to 0.

Yeah it worked. But stupid me forgot to turn off the cloaking device radiating my crew. I had to clear out the radiation. But now it seems for some reason I can't jump to certain locations such as Barnard's cuz my hyperjump won't set, or they can't set coordinates I guess. If I try to jump to another place such as Barnard's I end up at Sol. Go figure.

But I've been watching the station as it slowly rebuilds. Not much any activity as of yet. I'd like to capture another one. But as I said I can't seem to get there.