Music to play UC by

Nakaleen

The music that came with UC was good. But I have currently replaced them with soundtracks from two TV shows/movies.

I have the Babylon 5 Soundtracks 1 & 2 ('messages from earth') the music seems to match the feel of UC (mainly since the series has a lot of music for the space battles)

Another one added is the soundtracks from Cowboy Bebop (including the movie). At first the mix of Jazz and blues seems strange for space combat. But after seeing the series and their use in the combat scnees it has grown on my.

Just wondering if anyone alse has replaced/added music that matched the feel of the game.

Yeah I just rented Near Dark a few weeks ago. Hadn't seen it since it first came out. TD does a lot of soundtracks. Thief, Sorcerer, and Near Dark are my favorite sound tracks that they did. Some of the stuff they did in the 70's makes great space music.

One of the better groups for UC, that I found, is a techno artist called CoLD SToRAGE based in the UK.

Unfortunately, whenever I put songs in the mp3 folder most of them don't play. I just get silence when it gets to that track. Only a couple mp3's of mine have worked so far. What kind of mp3 format does UC use?

Thanks Fly. That's a good thread, and though I haven't had time to try it yet, I'm sure it will work. Much appreciated!

By the way, there's one song in the UC soundtrack that's a nice old school scifi synth piece reminiscent of Bladerunner. I thought that it'd be great to get the Bladerunner sountrack for UC as well.

[ 03-12-2004, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: mentis ]

quote:

Originally posted by mentis:

By the way, there's one song in the UC soundtrack that's a nice old school scifi synth piece reminiscent of Bladerunner. I thought that it'd be great to get the Bladerunner sountrack for UC as well.

Hey... damn, i can't say anything against Vangelis He is one of my favourite artists... ok, feel free to put his music instead of my soundtrack Long Live Vangelis!

Hey, it's nice to meet you. I wasn't suggesting to replace your sountrack with his. I just thought it would be cool in addition you yours!

Great job on that soundtrack by the way. It's great! ...and if you have time/care to check out CoLD SToRAGE, I'd be interested to see what you think.

Thanks, friends well, i own an hitech recording studio specialized in motion picture soundtracks and i work in Italy for local television networks and radios. I don't only compose and produce videogames music but also music for tv films and tv series, commercials and so on.

Orchestral performances in Universal Combat soundtrack are part real, and part simulated, and each part of course has been produced according to my scores. Synth parts are programmed directly by me, since i'm an electronic music enthusiast, but i've been for many years a classical, folk and country acoustic guitarist. Then i studied piano, melody and harmony and passed exams to be registered in the italian professional composers and authors board.

This happened five years ago, and i began this adventure in the musical field. I published also about 9 albums, practically 6 new age and ambient music albums, 2 "very best albums" and another album called Futures Past where are included some soundtracks i made for videogames (before meeting Derek).

Lately i'm working on an horror tv series (finnish production), a scifi tv series (australian production) and a film tv set in World War 2 (australian production).

Avenged Sevenfold's album Walking the Fallen is my current favorite to play UC with.

Other recent albums are MudVayne LD50 and Rammstein's Herzeleid (Yes, I know how sick some of their songs are; I can speak enough german now to have to skip a few songs. :|)

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr. WeeGee:

Rammstein's Herzeleid (Yes, I know how sick some of their songs are; I can speak enough german now to have to skip a few songs. :|)

Ha ha. Yeah, it's always funny when I translate for friends who think Rammstein is just the coolest! Oh well, I still like them .