Gammulan hit by Galcom violation?

GreyDog

Wasn't sure if I should put this here or in the nOOb section.

...& this isn't a complaint, I just thought it rather odd.

I was playing a Gam/Mil at Eradani (Canaan) & picked up some illegal items from some raiders, now I usually put that stuff in a shuttle & launch it before docking but forgot to this time & upon entering tradcom, got hit for -7000 exp points.

I know why the fine was levied, what I dont get is how Galcom can give violations to races who dont either work for them or are allied with them?

thanks in advance for your comments

At what station did you dock? what race/caste? I think each race impose their law to anyone inside their sectors and stations,just like in the real world.No matter you arent an allie of them, you have to attain their laws because you are in their home.

/roleplay on

Gam1:Sir,the station control says they are gonna put us a fine for having illegal cargo onboard.

GamCommander:...they imposing fines to a spaceship of the dreaded gammulan fleet?fools!

Replay we are not gonna consent anyone to put us a fine.

Gam1:Sir,they say they care a S**t who we are,we are inside their station and here they rule.

GamCommander: ....fools.Answer we are Gammulans and WE rule.

Gam1:Sir,they say they are blocking our ship here,sealing our airlocks and interfering our comms until we accept the fine.

Gam2:Sir,a legion of the stations marines are surrounding the ship!

GamCommander: .................................................ok answer we will pay!

/roleplay off

Just my opinion.

quote:

Originally posted by GhostPilot:

/roleplay on

Gam1:Sir,the station control says they are gonna put us a fine for having illegal cargo onboard.

GamCommander:...they imposing fines to a spaceship of the dreaded gammulan fleet?fools!

Replay we are not gonna consent anyone to put us a fine.

Gam1:Sir,they say they care a S**t who we are,we are inside their station and here they rule.

GamCommander: ....fools.Answer we are Gammulans and WE rule.

Gam1:Sir,they say they are blocking our ship here,sealing our airlocks and interfering our comms until we accept the fine.

Gam2:Sir,a legion of the stations marines are surrounding the ship!

GamCommander: .................................................ok answer we will pay!

LOL!

Sorry, but Gammulans are not above the law.. even they have a since of honor and loyalty (rare huh?)

quote:

Originally posted by GhostPilot:

At what station did you dock? what race/caste? I think each race impose their law to anyone inside their sectors and stations

Eradani is a Ves/Mil station at Canaan.

oh well...live & learn

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

Sorry, but Gammulans are not above the law.. even they have a since of honor and loyalty
(rare huh?)

[rp]

Watch your mouth little Galcommie, or you will be finding yourself floating home..... After I blow your ship out from under you......

[/rp]

Now onto the original question.

No matter what race you are, if you dock at a station, and an item or Items you have are illegal, they will slam you.

You are in their station, you are under their jurisdiction, you have to obey their laws.

So just keep doing what you have been, launch the illegal stuff in a shuttle before you dock with a station.

quote:

Originally posted by CyKlone:

quote:

Originally posted by DennyMala:

Or just put them in the shuttle cargo bay and usually they will not be detected......

i got busted even if it was in my shuttle cargo bay

Me too, sent one of my shuttles for a cargo sweep, forgot to check for illegal items when I docked at Galcom.. "WHAM" Violation!