A few questions about this game.

ddrakath

I noticed this game sitting on the shelf at Best Buy, and thought it looked pretty ambitous and interesting, but passed it over for Unreal 2 (same price) because I hadn't heard of it.

Now I've been reading reviews (negative but It sounds like the patches are comming regularly)

This game sounds really interesting, but I can't quite get a handle on really what the point is.

1 What is the end goal of this game? I'm particularly intersted in the open-ended roaming mode... are you trying to get the best ship with the most upgrades?

2 I've read there are hundreds of worlds in the UC universe. Why go out there? Are they primarily inhabited by random groups of AI enemy ships and pirats?

3 I've read stories about people capturing stations... Is it possible to capture bases for your own use, or drive enemies out of previously hostile locations? If so, is this a primary game goal?

4 The game says it requires a 1Ghz processor.. I have a 1.1 athlon Tbird, 256 mb pc133 RAM, and a 64 MB Geforce 4 TI4200... Think that'll play the game at 1024x768? Game sounds a lot more processor intensive than Graphics card.

Feel free to answer just one, or any of these questions, thanks for your help.

quote:

This game sounds really interesting, but I can't quite get a handle on really what the point is.

From MY perspective, "This game is "EVERYTHING" except "ARCADE"(i.e. sim, strategy, role play, adventure, Action, with MP BONUS). It is UP TO YOU, how you want it to be played. that's what I fell in love with.

I say, down load the DEMO and check it out. :rolleyes:

Thanks, that's sortof the idea I was getting...

But while you are doing that are you picking up upgrades and whatnot for your ship?

It sounds like you start with a large ship and a compliment of soldiers/support ships...

How long does it take to get the highest level of upgrades?

I loved freelancer, but the game felt a little empty once I finished getting all the upgrades for the best ship, and that game even had a complex faction system to help keep things interesting.

quote:

I loved freelancer, but the game felt a little empty once I finished getting all the upgrades for the best ship, and that game even had a complex faction system to help keep things interesting.

Well, I am pretty much a newb at the BC games, but, from what I have seen so far, they are pretty much the same sort of general idea as Freelancer (Freelancer's multiplayer bit, anyway) but with one HELL of a lot more depth to them, a far bigger universe, and a far bigger ship.

Oh, and far, far better.

As to the questions which are basically 'What is the point of the Roam mode?', it seems to me the whole point is to answer that question yourself by playing it.

quote:

Originally posted by White Wolf:

As to the questions which are basically 'What is the point of the Roam mode?', it seems to me the whole point is to answer that question yourself by playing it.

LOL!! Best. Answer. Evar!

• 2 weeks later...