Lost me drones...

Guest Private Cyberoket

Guest Private Cyberoket

Yep the're in the Terran Quadrant somewhere.

I know the moon, Cheron.

Does anyone know which system the Cheron moon is in.

Please help... Last resort... Sick of wasting radine.

This world is tooooo big!!!!!! But I like it.

{time to get out the pen and paper.}

If memory serves, you mean Charon. Charon was the ferryman of the dead in Greek mythology, taking people to the kingdom of Hades, god the dead. Pluto was the Roman name for Hades...does that help?

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

....lost me drone
. God, why does that illicit the laughter I'm now experiencing?

I gotta admit, this new batch of n00bs are pretty funny.

What do you expect, he's from the central coast!

Yeah, they are

Guest Private Cyberoket

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

[qb]
....lost me drone
. God, why does that illicit the laughter I'm now experiencing?

Just glad to give you a laugh.

I'll find them

I hope

Ahh bugger It. I'm making more money off cargo pods anyway.

Speaking of drones, I've lost mine too!

To be exact, one of them is somewhere on earth, the other is spinning around in front of the bridge view, giving me a trance feeling..

I won't even go into how it all happened (long story involving a gaming epiphany, a bottle of red wine and a bloody bad hangover) but can someone explain to me how to 'find' a mining drone somewhere on earth, and how to retrieve one that your shuttle somehow towed from the planet on a tractor beam?

Also, if someone can explain how to turn this game off? I've tried, but I can't!

SC, do me a favour.. stop making such addictive games! please!!

Guest Private Cyberoket

quote:

Originally posted by Banquet:

Speaking of drones, I've lost mine too!

To be exact, one of them is somewhere on earth, the other is spinning around in front of the bridge view, giving me a trance feeling..

Ahh mining drones, are they realy worth it?

If you want to find a ground vehicle on any planet, just "observe" planet in tacops, zoom in at least 3-4 times then hold right mouse button and search around You can then see most of the planet, and vehicles.

Found me drones

Stuck'em out in Pluto. I'll write it down next time befor I go running accross the Galaxy.

quote:

Found me drones

Good I was just about to take pity on you and explain what you discovered yourself.

This thread is way too funny.

I usually just deploy them on the planet in the region I launch from. No sense traipsing all over the galaxy with the gas mileage you start out with.

quote:

Originally posted by Private Cyberoket:

I'll write it down next time befor I go running accross the Galaxy.

oh you could just do what normal people do ----> go to Tactical, pick a shuttle, then select the drone. It'll tell you where its deployed. Then fly to the region, observe the planet and use the Tacops/Zoom-To/Support Units to find it.

Guest Private Cyberoket

quote:

oh you could just do what normal people do ----> go to Tactical, pick a shuttle, then select the drone. It'll tell you where its deployed. Then fly to the region, observe the planet and use the Tacops/Zoom-To/Support Units to find it.

Yep I knew that, but I'm pretty sure it only says the moon the drone was on, {it didn't say the nearby planet or system} that was the problem.

Also I was looking for higher mineral percentages.

My advice to nOObies write down details on where you put your droids.

"oh you could just do what normal people do ----> go to Tactical, pick a shuttle, then select the drone. It'll tell you where its deployed. Then fly to the region, observe the planet and use the Tacops/Zoom-To/Support Units to find it.

"

Cool, that worked for drone 1(as did the rotating around in observe mode) Thanks

But.. the 2nd drone that I tractor towed up to the CC is still lost. I can't see it in TACOPS either on the earth view, or the space view, nor does it appear in the support units menu.

I last saw it spinning around above earth after my shuttle let it go and docked with the CC. But it's no longer visible now (Either it fell back to earth or my CC has moved)

Tactical shows it as being on earth, and it's still filling up with minerals!

And me Mum always used to say I lose me head if it wasn't screwed on

quote:

Originally posted by Banquet:

But.. the 2nd drone that I tractor towed up to the CC is still lost. I can't see it in TACOPS either on the earth view, or the space view, nor does it appear in the support units menu.

Do you see a GND radar filter in Tacscan when in space? No. Guess why that is.

To retrieve ground vehicles, read the manual

If you want it back, take a shuttle and tow it back to the planet, deploy it, then have the shuttle collect it properly.

I know it's me being thick, but I can't find it to tow it back. But it doesn't matter, I can live without the drone.

I was being stupid to tow it to orbit anyway.. I do know the correct procedure for extracting drones, but in this game there's always more than one way to do things (that's one of the things I love about it)

It seemed like a plan at the time because, from the TACOPS screen I could zoom in real close to the drone and from the 'right click' menu, order a shuttle to launch and fly to the drone. After that I couldn't see a menu for collect drone, but there was a menu for tow, so I thought I'd try it out

It occurred to me afterwards that I could have just clicked on the 'waypoint' button and arranged the whole extraction from there.. live and learn, hehe

Anyway, no matter about the drone.. this game I'm playing is simply to test as much as possible before I start the game again and play seriously.. I figure if I'm going to make a tit of everything, best do it before I really get going.

In actual fact it's not that hard to learn.. everything is very logically done.. the whole interface is superb.

Thanks for the help

Guest Private Cyberoket

I think you can only have one drone in a shuttle at a time, therefore you won't get the extract drone option if there is already one in the shuttle.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if im wrong.