BCMG and Music

First of all, total n00b here. Currently I'm at the low end of the learning curve, but having a blast each time I discover something new (which is quite frequent).

I've been reading these boards too, and so far, I haven't seen any posts on the music in BCM. All I can say is, "Wow! Great Stuff". Anyways, I was reading the FAQ and was blown away when I found out you can;

1.) Add your own MP3s to the music folder

2.) Play the BCM songs at any time since they are also MP3s.

Why don't other developers do this? It is awesome! Also, does anyone know who did the BCM music? I would like to hear more of it in the future.

One last question, and this is the original reason for my post. What custom music do you listen to while playing BCM?

Me? Propellerheads, Enigma, and Conjure One fit the bill perfectly.

Hi Robert, right now I have old King Crimson stuff, and I think it fits like a clove in the hand. Yes I know, I'm an old ****, but I like it

Next will be some Hendrix stuff, like "Third Stone From The Sun", "1983...(A Merman I Should Turn To Be)", "Moon,Turn The Tides...gently gently away" and "South Saturn Delta".

try Did anyone catch the lyrics?

thread.

Using the search all open forums selection in a search brings up 166 hits for "music". Something like 12 if you restrict it to title only. Takes a while for that though.

Run a search on Vanethian as well. There is a main theme he has done you might be able to find. Then again it may not be on a server any longer.

• 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by Robert Reynolds:

What custom music do you listen to while playing BCM?

I have a mix of "The Best of Babylon 5" and "Robotech" soundtracks. Makes for great playing. Especially when "there's something out there" and the Zentradi theme starts playing... Menacing, threatening, mysterious.

I'm trying to find other Sci-Fi movie/tv soundtracks to add. Starwars just doesn't work, though... Nor does star trek.

quote:

Originally posted by Sir John Falstaff:

quote:

Originally posted by Robert Reynolds:

What custom music do you listen to while playing BCM?

I have a mix of "The Best of Babylon 5" and "Robotech" soundtracks. Makes for great playing. Especially when "there's something out there" and the Zentradi theme starts playing... Menacing, threatening, mysterious.

I'm trying to find other Sci-Fi movie/tv soundtracks to add. Starwars just doesn't work, though... Nor does star trek.

Nope but Battlestar Galactica can be quite rousing!

They've never topped Court of the Crimson King, imo. Unfortunately, I can't imagine listening to that while playing BCMG. It has a whole different set of references for me. It's not "outer space" music at all. The soundtrack from "2001: A Space Odyssey" fits the bill much more nicely.

I think the music in BCMG is great, but I prefer to play in silence. I do the same for most games I play. I'll listen to the soundtrack for a few sessions then turn it off. In BCMG I want to hear the background noise and other game sounds to help with the immersive experience, in other games (mostly FPS) I want to hear each footstep and other sounds to know where my enemy is.

You know what else I think BCMG music would be good for... hang gliding...though I never have done it myself, it seems like it would be a great fit.

I agree with ya on all your points. I do the same thing with the music in the games I play too.

quote:

Originally posted by Grizzle:

I think the music in BCMG is great, but I prefer to play in silence. I do the same for most games I play. I'll listen to the soundtrack for a few sessions then turn it off. In BCMG I want to hear the background noise and other game sounds to help with the immersive experience, in other games (mostly FPS) I want to hear each footstep and other sounds to know where my enemy is.

You know what else I think BCMG music would be good for... hang gliding...though I never have done it myself, it seems like it would be a great fit.

quote:

Originally posted by Grizzle:

I treat the music just like I do at home, when I'm busy with commander type stuff, it's off. When I'm playing on a planet surface or making a quick run in a shuttle, I go into config and turn it back on.