Question about Hyperjumping AI

Okay, I'm flying around in my CC... a nice big juicy enemy CC rolls into a hyperjump going after one of the neutral LRT-10s... being police class... I decide I should probably help him! Anyway, I intercept his hyperjump and jump there myself, and wait a few more seconds (which was really cool) until he exited his own jump... I started hammering him before his ship even appeared (the blue phased part of exiting the jump which again is really cool.. man im a n00b...) Needless to say I blew him to pieces before he even knew what hit him... that or he was REALLY stupid... either way... after the huge explosion ... i saw a little shuttle fly off... i figured i'd give chase... the guy immediatly went into a hyperjump and i followed right behind him noticing he was going to one of the jumpgates... he got there before me... jumped through... and i exited my jump and was litterally right on his @$$... I quickly followed him into the jumpgate... thinking I've got you now you bugger! heres the odd part...

next thing i know, the S.O.B. is hyperjumping again to a wormhole! My hyperjump is at say 30% now and I cant do anything to chase him! Now answer me this, because I've seen enemy fighters, and this shuttle do the same thing... do assets' hyperjumps recharge a LOT faster than a CC's? Or whats going on here?

quote:

Originally posted by Aphelion7:

Now answer me this, because I've seen enemy fighters, and this shuttle do the same thing... do assets' hyperjumps recharge a
LOT
faster than a CC's? Or whats going on here?

ur correct, FC and SC recharge a lot faster, and some CC charge faster than other CC. it has to do with the ships mass, a bigger ship with more mass isnt easy to move

Shuttles have extremely fast recharge times (on the median of 30 seconds, if I remember correctly). CCs tend to be much longer. And this is all covered in the appendix as has been mentioned.

quote:

Originally posted by Spindoktor:

Or you could also jump into one of your own shuttles and do a little trading perhaps? You will really appreciate the HJ recharge rate differences (as well as speed, agility etc.) between shuttle and CC.

Arr... I see... I knew about the CCs but never thought of the Shuttles etc... looks for appendix ah, I should probably read through this again

Thanks guys, :: shuts up until MP is released ::