Space Combat

Shadow

I have noticed occassions where several marines engage in space combat around orbitting stations, and I am unable to deploy assistance in the extermination of the assailants. Is there some particular method to deploying my space marines, or has this ability been prohibitted in BCMG? It seems kinda silly to have a military force capable of doing this kind of combat, to watch the combat, but not be able to deploy forces to join (or speed up) the combat.

On the same note, I have managed to capture several enemy stations, but what do you do about the remaining supply stash? You can't seem to destroy it, collect it, or anything else. Is there a way to capture it?

quote:

Originally posted by Shadow:

I have noticed occassions where several marines engage in space combat around orbitting stations, and I am unable to deploy assistance in the extermination of the assailants. Is there some particular method to deploying my space marines, or has this ability been prohibitted in BCMG? It seems kinda silly to have a military force capable of doing this kind of combat, to watch the combat, but not be able to deploy forces to join (or speed up) the combat.

On the same note, I have managed to capture several enemy stations, but what do you do about the remaining supply stash? You can't seem to destroy it, collect it, or anything else. Is there a way to capture it?

Topic moved

Space marines cannot be deployed. If you want to clean up the the enemy marines, might I suggest STS-Questors?

Do you mean the supply station? No those cannot be captured nor can they be destroyed.

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

Actually, tyrn, you can deply SFM's as well as extract them in space.

Well, give some details Eclipse...don't just throw something like this out there without details. Now I have to go work on the how of this little addition until you pipe up.

It is reltively simple, tell your sfm's (make sure you choose the right marines if you are unsure of their numbers, check perscan) to board one of your shuttles, goto to tacops and set a deploy team waypoint in space and launch the shuttle. The shuttle should fly there and drop off your SFM's. either recall the shuttle or just goto tacops and set a new waypoint near the deployed SFM's as extract team and set the marines to evac. It should fly there halt and wait for the marines to board.

I have, but I'm using BCMG 1.01, It should work on BCMG 1.0 and BCM but I've not got those versions installed. I also use should to account for user error; it is part of my quest to get awafy from being about as tactful as a lead brick.

Yes, it's possible to deploy sfm's in BCM. There's only one problem - I can't extract them if the shuttle returned to CC. If you leave it there with a halt order, your marines will find a way back to the shuttle and come aboard.

quote:

Originally posted by mihau:

Yes, it's possible to deploy sfm's in BCM. There's only one problem - I can't extract them if the shuttle returned to CC. If you leave it there with a halt order, your marines will find a way back to the shuttle and come aboard.

Eclipse, I thought that might be the method you were hinting at but I remembered a number of issues with doing that like the one mihau mentions. I'll poke around with it this evening and post any oddities in Area 51.

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

quote:

Originally posted by mihau:

Eclipse, I thought that might be the method you were hinting at but I remembered a number of issues with doing that like the one mihau mentions. I'll poke around with it this evening and post any oddities in Area 51.

Ok, I'll do a bit more with it too and see what shows up.

Guest Grayfox

didnt we have this discussion a few months ago? i think we actually boggled the SC with that one... the only problem then was we couldnt extract the marines once they were deployed, but now... interesting.

rp

makes mental reminder to check to make sure the search button still works...

/rp

Thanks for all the input. I didn't mean to imply that I couldn't kill the marines, I just thought I missed something with all the new stuff since BC3K. I guess this Space Marine thing (or SFM as you call it) is so new all the details aren't worked out yet. Why have Space Marines if you cannot deploy them in Space?

Another curiosity is the fact that the PTA system doesn't target them, the IOD cannot hit them, and the Pilots just fly around like chicken little and complain about them, even with a full missle load on board. I can't wait to try deploying half a dozen SFM's to see if they stand around like idiots.

Does anyone know why the supply stash has been deemed hands off and damage immune? It's nothing more than a minor annoyance, since it keeps the CAS lit.