How to get second 4 FC ready to launch?

I can't figure out how to launch my second four fighters. I've detailed the pilots, engineers have been assigned to them, and, just in case the first four need to be out the door, I've even sent them off. I just can't get them to get to 'ready' status. I'm using the co-pilots from FC's 1-4, and the ship status has always been 'ready'.

Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by TopSpeed:

I can't figure out how to launch my second four fighters. I've detailed the pilots, engineers have been assigned to them, and, just in case the first four need to be out the door, I've even sent them off. I just can't get them to get to 'ready' status. I'm using the co-pilots from FC's 1-4, and the ship status has always been 'ready'.

Thanks

Are they in the copilot seat or pilot seat?

See I think Copilots cann't fly from thier seat.

I'm currently using a 'Firestorm' class carrier. The fighters never make it to 'ready' status, from what I can tell. The indicator light stays dark green, which I believe to mean 'craft ready, no pilot'. I reassigned the copilots from FC 1-4 to FC 5-8, then watched the progress (through Perscan) to the FC's they were assigned to. They made it there fine, and show up as being in the pilots chair, but the green light doesn't lighten. I initially figured it would just take a few minutes to update to 'go' status, but they haven't still and I'm a couple of more game hours into the game (roam mode). The FC's show no damage, and all systems are at 100% operation. The same pilots do fine in FC's 1-4, and the shuttles. I just can't figure out what I'm missing.

I see where I left some confusion. The ships status in TACOPS is 'ready', when I look at the craft. The ship itself was then unpiloted. The pilots were on their way, however. The color coded indicater was dark green, so the FC's were considered 'ready, no pilot'. The problem is the FC's have yet to become ready, and I have now logged several more hours. I did notice something odd though. I sent them to quarters (off duty) for a bit because they were getting hungry and I wanted to see if they just needed to be 'reset'. When I had them return to the FC's, they never got in. They stayed in the launch bay. I now wonder if it's not something I'm doing wrong with the pilots, but something with the ship. I checked all the decks for damage, and found nothing. A check of the FC's themselves found everything at 100%. All Officers were on duty, and power was allocated to all systems except cloak and clone. So I'm still at a loss.

Guest jascatar

I only know that if you use TACTICAL/CREW, you will affect your pilot with the affectation list, and it work just fine.

Another way is the Lauch button, where you can affect your pilot here, but i don't know if they move here afterward.

Moving orders must be always sended through TACTICAL/CREW panel in my mind