Weapons Pod 2 replacement question..

TopSpeed

Weapons Pod #2 got destroyed, and I can't seem to figure out how to replace it. I bought the weapons pod itself, and even bought the items it lists as components. I'm in open space, and my crewmembers are well rested. I can't select repair, upgrade, or replace. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry, but I can't help you.

Had the same problem with aux laser turret. Even went as far as powering it down in logistics figuring that I wouldn't like my engineers to repair "live" machinery. After a while it it was repaired. I had no problems with my logistic comp or tactical -. You checked these?

I do have a question for you. What do you see now in the bridge-screen, left of the missile-icon? 10 green and 10 red missiles or just 10 green? Just wondering.

All the missile slots are green/ready. I'm figuring you are thinking that if half are down, the other half are in pod #2? Doesn't appear to be the case. I thought of powering down and removing all the weapons too, but that didn't help, far as I can tell. I also used Logistix and powered off all the weapons systems. I double checked, to make sure I had a weapons pod available, which I do.

I have been using the Logistix screen. Logistix-Crafts-CC-Deck 3. Weapons Pod #2 is red, with 0% integrity. When I click on it, the menu for repair, replace, and upgrade is present, but none of the options can be selected (they aren't greyed out, are light but not highlighted).

quote:

Originally posted by TopSpeed:

I have been using the Logistix screen. Logistix-Crafts-CC-Deck 3. Weapons Pod #2 is red, with 0% integrity. When I click on it, the menu for repair, replace, and upgrade is present, but none of the options can be selected (they aren't greyed out, are light but not highlighted).

I guess it never occured to you that you don't have the parts to repair/replace it?

I've got the parts. I bought a Weapons Pod, and when that itself didn't do it, went back and got the individual components listed. They show up in inventory, and the 'have' list on the Logistix repair screen, but none are listed as 'needed'.

quote:

I've got the parts. I bought a Weapons Pod, and when that itself didn't do it, went back and got the individual components listed. They show up in inventory, and the 'have' list on the Logistix repair screen, but none are listed as 'needed'.

Then obviously its not what you need, is it? If there is a component missing, you can't repair that system.

Anyway, what game are you playing? BCM or BCM Gold?

If you're sure its a bug, then by all means, send along the saved game. If I find its not a bug, but rather you not reading the manual etc, I'm not going to be a happy man. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Works fine here

Both in normal roam and in a script I wrote to damage the CC and give me the spares needed for the repairs.

Are you sure that the spare parts needed for the repairs are in the cargo bay and not in a shuttle or other storage ares?

When docked at a Spacestation the chief Engineer of the Spacestation might not repair or replace damaged systems even if he has the spare parts on the Spacestation or you have the spare part in the cargo bay.

He keeps them for his mates and not foolish Cmdr who get their CC shot up

If he takes a dislike to you he wont even bother looking in your cargo bays for parts he does not have.

Only thing to do then is buy the spare you need and launch then get your own Engineers to repair the system.

Or try launching and re docking he might be in a better mood next time.

quote:

Then, as Pugwash suggests above, it's likely that the parts are still in an asset cargo bay (shuttle, OC) or you're docked at a station. Repairs at stations usually work whereas replacements at station usually DO NOT work (that is by design).

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

quote:

Then, as Pugwash suggests above, it's likely that the parts are still in an asset cargo bay (shuttle, OC) or you're docked at a station. Repairs at stations usually work whereas replacements at station usually DO NOT work (that is by design).

Correct. And the primary reason for stations not always giving your full repairs is to curb abuse (get your ship shot up, make a beeline for the nearest station). And that is also why replacements are only done by your crew.

quote:

I sent the saved games to the support email address. Because of the file sizes, I only included the first and last save games.

Thanks

If you didn't follow the instructions for sending saved games, as indicated in the thread located in the forum archives, the files are useless to me and will be deleted. If you had read that thread, you shouldn't have sent more than one saved game - the one will the problem.

Also, emails with attachments sent to the support address, are deleted on reception.

quote:

Sorry. I followed the instructions on the refered link, and should have it straightened out. I will also practice my search function skills once again.

Nothing here yet