Flux Field Question....help appreciated.

Most

I've searched the forums for more info on Flux Fields, but all i've been getting is that u 'could' end up in a black hole. But my problem is that when i used FX 14 in the Syrion Quadrant to Alteris/Altera i cant leave now. I tried using FX14 and FX15(which are the only ways to get in or out of this system). But all i get when i go through it is the NO telling me Position Unchanged.

1. I target the flux field

2. Press Shift+9 and autopilot to have the CC jump once it reaches the flux field

3. The NO notifies me that we are approaching the flux field.

4. Speed goes to 999.

5. We get closer and closer and when we get to range 0.00 to the FX nothing happens except for a message at the top of the screen that tells me what i already know 'Position Unchanged'

I tried alternating by going to FX 15...same thing happens. So i go back to FX 14...same thing. After about 3 times i decide its not going to let me jump out of here so i guess this is my new permanent home.

I want to leave this place...really i do. HELP!

quote:

Originally posted by Most:

I've searched the forums for more info on Flux Fields, but all i've been getting is that u 'could' end up in a black hole. But my problem is that when i used FX 14 in the Syrion Quadrant to Alteris/Altera i cant leave now. I tried using FX14 and FX15(which are the only ways to get in or out of this system). But all i get when i go through it is the NO telling me Position Unchanged.

1. I target the flux field

2. Press Shift+9 and autopilot to have the CC jump once it reaches the flux field

3. The NO notifies me that we are approaching the flux field.

4. Speed goes to 999.

5. We get closer and closer and when we get to range 0.00 to the FX nothing happens except for a message at the top of the screen that tells me what i already know 'Position Unchanged'

I tried alternating by going to FX 15...same thing happens. So i go back to FX 14...same thing. After about 3 times i decide its not going to let me jump out of here so i guess this is my new permanent home.

I want to leave this place...really i do. HELP!

ah the safe yet worse part of Flux Fields, id rather be stuck in a system, then in a blackhole

but keep trying though, u will eventually make it out

As Enigma says: keep trying, and you will eventually make the jump.

There are three possible results when using flux-fields:

1. Position unchanged

2. You make a jump, but you end up in a black hole/super nova and your ship explodes.

3. You make a jump to a new system.

The results, as far as I know, are random. Therefore you can have number 1 happen to you a number of times before any other results occur.

I think this is covered some place in the manual.

What Vixef said. Keep trying to jump into the FF repeatedly until you get out. Although, yes, you may end up in a black hole.

Consult the nav charts for info on this. There's data on black hole links and exactly what fluxfields go where that you might be interested in. It's in the Appendix.

I'M FREE...thanks guys. I appreciate it. It took me two more times last night and i finally left that place. I was getting worried. Now on to explore more of this vast galaxy.

I've always avoided flux fields like the plague. I seem to have what can only be described as a "Permanent Entropy Paradox Flaw" which means that I always have rotten luck with anything involving random number generators in a Video Game.

(Yes, every single time I've tried a Fluxfield, I go boom. To me they're just death traps)

Not all of the flux fields lead into a black hole. Some of them are safe, no need to worry about your ship. The only problem is then the unstable nature of these anomalies - you can end up in completely different place than you planned. As Nova said, look in the appendix to determine where a flux fields can take you.