I need a quiet place to train...

Cougar_DK

I just loves this game and its sad there is only 24 hours in a day.

But reading and playing has been a little frustating because I get attacked about 10-15 minues into the ROAM game. I've selected Earth zone and fly close the big hq. So I could be safe but no. Therefore I need a place (sector) where I can train myself in all the different modes, menues etc. without being attacked. Any suggestions? Or could it be possible to make a single mission where one could be left alone while training?

Well, you could go planetside to a zone matching your race/caste and you'd be left alone. The zones are huge so you'd have plenty of room to fly around.

You can still use all the systems only your waypoints would be cities and buildings instead of gates or star stations (no HJ of course.)

Guest Shingen

Is nullspace still in UC?

I'd always go there if I needed to repair or whatnot. It's as quiet as the grave there.

I can't find out yet 'cause UC won't run on my POS vid card. Will be upgrading this weekend, and can't wait to try the game!

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

I'd always go there if I needed to repair or whatnot. It's as quiet as the grave there.

Yeah, but it is highly unlikely that a n00b can find their way around the system, let alone how to get to null space. Now that you've brought it up - and they [n00bs far and wide] have seen it, you might as well tell them how to get there. The ROAM/ACM universe in UC is the same as in BCM/G

quote:

Originally posted by Bandus:

Derek, did you code AI with mercy? :grins:

No, not really

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Now that you've brought it up - and they [n00bs far and wide] have seen it, you might as well tell them how to get there.

Go into TacOps, hit keypad-5 to max zoom out, set waypoint to the very edge of the grid, ap/ai, resume waypoints, sit back and drink coffee. Once you get to the edge of the grid, ap/off, and keep going till you hit nullspace!

I can't remember there ever being an NPC spawned in nullspace. I know it's possible, I just don't remember it ever happening.

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

Yeah, but it is highly unlikely that a n00b can find their way around the system, let alone how to get to null space. Now that you've brought it up - and they [n00bs far and wide] have seen it, you might as well tell them how to get there. The ROAM/ACM universe in UC is the same as in BCM/G

quote:

Derek, did you code AI with mercy? :grins:

No, not really

Just finished reading that.. great stuff

quote:

Wow, that thread is a great read. If anyone has any questions about the AI in the BC series that'll shed a lot of light on it for you. Ignore the morons that post there though...

OK Bandus, you get the job. Go to that thread, grab all my posts, stick them in a text file, and send to me. I will format it all nicely and create a new thread here.

No, there's nothing in it for you, but how about a full wall poster of the BC game galaxy?

quote:

No, there's nothing in it for you, but how about a full wall poster of the BC game galaxy?

You still have those SC?

I had one of those from the BCM beta, but lost it in the move to Washington, it's packed in a box somewhere.

How much? I'll gladly pay it.....

Oh and next Friday is my Birthday, so I am getting myself a new video card and UC!!

My poor little mx 440 just doesn't have the horsepower!! LOL

As you said SC, it will puke all over my SBlive, and I sure as heck don't want to clean that up, YUCH!!

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

[/qb]

Oh and next Friday is my Birthday, so I am getting myself a new video card and UC!!

[/QB]

Best wishes JAGUAR!!!

quote:

My poor little mx 440 just doesn't have the horsepower!! LOL

That's funny, back in planetside one of the co-leaders birthday is next friday too, and one of his friends is buying him a gfx5900 ultra for his birthday

Coincidence, or you secretely go by the name of Pyldrvr? No wait, you're in Oregon, not Texas. Whatever

quote:

Originally posted by Elric_Sloan:

Ahhhh, I want one of those SC!!! Hey, I
did
do the Manual Appendix .pdf conversion thingy afterall!!

Yes, you are right. OK, send me your mailing address via email and I'll have one sent to you.

Jaguar I only have four left, sorry.