Choosin carrier?

CyKlone71

NO. But I believe you can choose the asset you want at the beginnig..... or at least this is how it works in BCMG and I think it's the same with UC.

P.S. You'd better fix your sig and system spec before someone get on you.... READ THIS ...

If you're talking about the ACM scenario, then I do believe you have no option to change from the megaron.

You don't get much bigger than Meggie, unless you move up to the super carriers. Even if this were an option, in this particular ACM that might be ill-advised since this mission involves an extremely long voyage. Unless you could find an extremely large box and FedEx a Firestorm or Aestrom to your destination, I don't think you'd make it in time.

Besides, hang in there. The Megaron is one of the finest ships in the game, particularly after a trip to the upgrade shop.

Oh, I'm not saying an upgraded Megaron is better than an upgraded Super Carrier. I'm just saying it's a fine ship, particularly when upgraded.

It's all a matter of personal preference, really. A super carrier packs more goodies than a carrier, but is much slower.

For the ACM, this is all academic anyway, because I'm 99% positive you can only take the Megaron. I'd say 100%, but I don't like the taste of these shoes if I'm wrong.

Hehe, thanks again. Im looking at both Megaron and Firestorm. Honestly, i like em big with lot of fighters but since im kind of Commander Noobie, ill take a look at all possibilities. as for ACM, im pretty sure your right to since i cant seem to find any "cruiser store" lol. Unless that HQ gives it to you while doing you missions.

*salutes*

CK

This isn't like X2 - The Treat where you can just go to the Starport and buy a cruiser or carrier (Argon and stuff)

BCMG and UC are very different

Once you achive a rank that allows for Fleet Command and Control then you have control over ships (stations,cruisers,carriers,fighters,transports even some ground units)

In the UC campaign you get Fleet CnC right away (You should, you're the commanding officer of a FLEET) however keep in mind that while you can give those ships orders you CANNOT physicaly control it (IE, you can't get in a shuttle and hope on over to that ship. Since its not YOU'RE ship to begin with)

As for upgrades, you can get them at any station for a price

There are special upgrades but I'll let you figure that one out for yourself

Personaly, I would suggest you first fly a fighter craft so that you can get a since of what its like to be in space (going straight to the command career is not really a good idea since its COMPLEX)