Any space Anomalies worth looking out for ?

JAY

Has anyone come across in the midst of space any Tribles, Space Flies or Space Whales (These were found in Star Glider, I may be showing my age here)... anything wierd I mean etc.

Meant to ask are there things like Black Holes, and other strange phenomenon out there?

I guess Black Holes are somewhere in BCM (otherwise why put their animation among the others like Wormholes, Fluxfields, etc.).

But I have never met any. BTW I only travelled in Terran quadrant, and only part of it!

Who knows, somewhere in deep space maybe...

See you in space!

Space dragons? Now you mention it, I have been wondering if I could find this nebula part in the space backdrops that looks like a dragon's head. Have yet to find it. But the resolution is probably not appropriate.

Blackholes: Avoid at all cost. Lethal. (And btw, jumppoint in Mars leads to one.)

quote:

(And btw, jumppoint in Mars leads to one.)

It's led to one for me several times, but sometimes it hasn't. The flux fields seem to have random exit apertures. I've conducted studies with my vessels and have exited in different places throughout the galaxy. In fact, if you not on the starcharts. F0X (Where X is the number of the fluxfield) is in a few different places.

Sometimes entering a flux field drops me back to before I entered. Sometimes it drops me into a black hole. And sometimes it randomly drops me into enemy territory.

The only thing I wish is that I could send probes in instead of doing the dangerous research myself.

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

It's led to one for me several times, but sometimes it hasn't. The flux fields seem to have random exit apertures. I've conducted studies with my vessels and have exited in different places throughout the galaxy. In fact, if you not on the starcharts. F0X (Where X is the number of the fluxfield) is in a few different places.

Sometimes entering a flux field drops me back to before I entered. Sometimes it drops me into a black hole. And sometimes it randomly drops me into enemy territory.

The only thing I wish is that I could send probes in instead of doing the dangerous research myself.

Take a look at the Nav Chart page of your BCM Manual Appendix and make sure you scroll to the bottom of the page.

There's a probe somewhere in Obsidia emitting a squawk code. Worth investigating.

I have been working on another ACM scenario which is related to that probe. Will upload it when I'm done. It will have even the vets pulling out their hair.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

There's a probe somewhere in Obsidia emitting a squawk code. Worth investigating.

I have been working on another ACM scenario which is related to that probe. Will upload it when I'm done. It will have even the vets pulling out their hair.

I've nice pretty pictures of that probe. Can't wait to learn more......

Well, once GCO is out I hope the chief does something like EQ.. with miniquests and stuff all over the place to discover and shoot at and get shot back for.

Kinda like finding that old copy of Leisure Suit Larry floating in space and have it mess up your computer systems, puts your crew at 3% AI and which leads to your RANDOM weapons being fired at the nearest planet...

Yes! Something related to Obsidia!

I've recently had an obsession with the Syrion Quadrant, trying to explore and further GalCom's research..... And I'm also looking for info on the Galaxians. Guess I'm like the futuristic version of a crazed scientist looking for dinosaur bones or mummies or something.....

I'm patiently awaiting the ACM, SC!

Nova, over and out.

Allright TAC

let's not go overboard on this thing.My half-wits(...I guess quarter-wits would be more accurate) are already behind the power curve as it is.They are doing a fine job of mucking things up on their own without any help from some ancient artifact,the SC, or anybody else.... Sheeesh.... sadist!...lol

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Stormshadow ]

quote:

Originally posted by ooJAYoo:

Has anyone come across in the midst of space any Tribles, Space Flies or Space Whales (These were found in Star Glider, I may be showing my age here)... anything wierd I mean etc.

I remember these from Star Glider! Wow... We're OLD!

It would be kinda fun if Derek would scatter a BUNCH of things out and around in the galaxy... Maybe an award or even a prize for someone who maps them all.

Heck, I'm still waiting to see a screenshot of those billboards I'm hearing about!

There are screenshots in the BCM screenshots part of the website of the billboards.

Also there is a billboard in the EFM scenario in the Academy or learning scenarios.

[RP]

*CLASSIFIED*

Document sealed as per Galactic Command Classification Directive 01.

Subject to being DE-CLASSIFIED by executive order only from Supreme Commander Karl Reines of Galactic Command.

Particulars and the LOG file from the GCV Vigilance have been forwarded to the Comm Channel of the Supreme Commander.

Further updates will appear here.

[/RP]

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: $iLk ]

I had a hole open up on me right next the Galcom HQ, sent to uncharted space... (at atleast I think that is what happend...) i went back through it and was put back right where i came in at... was fun... yet scary!

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

There are screenshots in the BCM screenshots part of the website of the billboards.

Which page of screenshots? I looked at all 15 pages of thumbnails for something that looked like a billboard, but didn't see anything that caught my eye.

Ack! I forgot, I think I remember seeing them in an old thread. Sometime around the release of the 2nd demo is where they were first sighted. I believe the screenshots are around here somewhere, but I can't remember. Either way you can find them in the Training scenario for EF MARINE, just look around the base for it.

It has BCM logo on one side, and EBGAMES logo on the other side.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

BTW, SC, I would like to ask you a question...First, I'm enjoying your game (simulator) veeeeeery much. It's a Greate game. I would say.... perfect, or almost....

I would like to know if it is possible for you (or if you want to, of course) to create some... huuu... "researching free missions". Let me try to explain it. you could set some kinds of situations like "you need to search an artfact in TAU CETI system. You need to search every planet or moon to find it. If you do, you have to take it to the starbase xyz and receive a reward (money, XP or goods)" So you woudn't need to go into battle to do this (depending the Game AI).

And the diference between campaigns and this kind of "mission" is that you are not oblied to execute it and you can do it in ROAM mode. If you want, you do it, if you prefer to go into battle instead of researching, so, it's up to you. The objects would just be there, waiting you to explore and find them. It would be like a RPG, but with battleships.

I am sugesting this because I think that there should be another possiblities besides fighting and mining in a so good game like this one.

Of course, I don't know HOW you could do this of It is even possible, but, here is my suggestion.

thanks and have goooood flights