Keyboard shortcuts

quote:

Originally posted by mentis:

Hmmm. Not that I have this problem, but it would be nice to offer the command sheet as a text or image download. If nobody else wants to, I can host it on my site? ...that is if I have the permission to do so.

Thanks for the offer Mantis. But let it be. If it is going to be an issue to help a registered member, it is much better to drop the request.

I'll spend a couple of hours translating the keyboard sheet. And who knows... Maybe I start learning German.

Almost any good printer will do a posterize print for you, I have never tried it but there is usually an advanced printing option buried in your driver (seen on HP's very often) and then you just say # x # of sheets and it will scale any jpg across that number. Some scotch tape and you are all set.

If you don't have this, then forget the tape and just drink the scotch. In about an hour you won't care anymore

[ 03-01-2004, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Darkken Nightshade ]

Also realize that Kinko's has a strict copyright policy. You come in asking to blow up the galaxy map, they're gonna ask you to get permission from the copyright holder.

BTW, Hey SC, can I have permission to blow-up the galaxy map to say... a 3'x4' print? Got a spot on my wall that's perfect for it.

-Gnowor

P.S. For anyone who couldn't guess, I work at Kinko's. And am actually working right now as I'm writing this post.

quote:

Originally posted by gnowor:

BTW, Hey SC, can I have permission to blow-up the galaxy map to say... a 3'x4' print? Got a spot on my wall that's perfect for it.

Sure thing. As long as its for personal use, you - and anyone else - has my permission to blow it up.

That's cool. I actually laminated my command sheet at the first sign of wear. And because it rests directly in front of my keyboard. I recommend it to anyone else who likes to keep theirs in good shape. Cost me less than a dollar to laminate at Kinko's.

Different Kinko's will vary. General idea is anywhere from $5-$12 per square foot (depending on material, my Kinko's is $5/sq. foot for bond with full color printing since we've been charging that for awhile noww, even though we've been told to go to $10/sq. foot) Could charge you $9.95 for the scan.

At my Kinko's, what I'm gonna do is scan it myself, get it blown up, and laminate it($2/sq. foot). Will cost me $84 (minus employee discount). Little pricy, but damn it'll look nice.

For just a much larger version (but can be done on the regular copiers), you could get an 11x17 printed and laminated for $6.50 or less).

-Gnowor

P.S. I'm just wondering if SC's gonna start selling the posters on the site and tell DC to piss off about their stupid MSRP.