Curious about this tutorial offered

Heath

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this version of the game (I used to play the v2 of BC3k) and saw the tutorial offered in the downloads section, but even when I am registered and logged in, I can't seem to access the tutorial download... Any info on this?

Its not finished yet. I've had to do four new scenarios for the tutorial because using the scenarios from the retail game would produce unpredictable results which would just end up getting folks like you lost, killed etc. I expect to finish it sometime today.

*moved*

As I posted elsewhere earlier today....

After I did some final testing, it became obvious that using the scenarios which shipped with the game - including the four new ones I freely included in the 2.0 patch - were not adequate for the tutorial. Reason being that they I had no control over the scenario. And unless the reader followed the tutorial to the letter T, they would end up playing it over and over.

In the end, I decided to create four new scenarios, specially designed for the tutorial, and in which I had more control e.g. in the commander career training scenario, I manually disabled the launch sytems and fire control systems on a station, in order to prevent it from interfering with the scenario (in which the player is shown how to intercept, interrogate and prosecute hostile targets using command and control methods) by firing on the hostile elements, launching ships to thwart the threat etc etc.

That meant that I had to, not only re-write four new scripts, but 50% of the already written tutorial text, had to be scrapped since it centered around the actual game scenarios as originally written.

I expect to wrap it up sometime today and it will be available via the registration link.

I'm having a BLAST with these tutorials. Almost done. I had them as IA scenarios and only just decided to make them ROAM scenarios, this way, you can save your progress and resume the game.

Almost done.