new to BC and UC

Hello,

I just bought UC 2 weeks ago. Never played any of the BC games or heard much about them. Then I read a tiny little blurb about it in Computer Games mag. I thought, wow!, this sounds cool. I'll try it.

Two weeks of some of the most intense new game learning I've ever been through! THE deepest game I've ever even thought about! Finally!

Thanks SC for a truly amazing game.

THEN, two nights ago, the worst storm since the tornado of 74 comes through. 125,000 people without power. Got me too.

Imagine having your deepest craving satisfied then having it suddenly ripped away.

I listened to the radio everyday as they counted down how many people were still without power. 98,000. 75,000. 65,000. Still I had no power. Then tonight around 11:30 the power co pulled their bright and shiney trucks onto my street. 15 minutes later the power was on!!

I was out front watching as they flipped the switch. I wanted to kiss them. (I held myself back however)

I feel sorry for anyone in Louisville who is a UC fan still in the dark.

See you all around and thanks again.

Jonas

quote:

Originally posted by Jonas Garett:

Hello,

125,000 people without power. Got me too.

Sorry about that. You see, Resnig was going around asking what does that button do? what does that button do? And he pressed then while asking. Somehow, he managed to launch an OTS. But don't tell anyone, okay?

Greetings,

Wouter Dijkslag

quote:

Sorry about that. You see, Resnig was going around asking what does that button do? what does that button do? And he pressed then while asking. Somehow, he managed to launch an OTS. But don't tell anyone, okay?

Let's all just be glad it wasn't a R.A.N.D.O.M.

Resnig getting into Launch Control isn't what worries me. How he got the launch codes is! I swear, I destroyed all documents with copies of the launch codes and even destroyed the Encryption database for decrypting the documents.

(The Author puts the thread back On Topic using a convenient HOLE IN THE PLOT.)

Haven't had any major weather related problems here, even though this is Texas. Of course, it's only been two weeks. Plenty of time for EVIL to happen later.

quote:

Originally posted by Admiral Tigerclaw:

Haven't had any major weather related problems here, even though this is Texas. Of course, it's only been two weeks. Plenty of time for EVIL to happen later.

No problems here, I moved the whole setup out to the old bomb shelter and hooked up a portable generator.

Hi There,

Im new to the Forums which by the way are very informative, i found everything i needed to get this game up and running, really enjoying the game so far! no complaints. Ive never played a totally bug free game yet.

This for me is a thinking mans Sci-Fi sim, unlike other sims ive played well worth it! Thanks.