Best Feature(s) of UC?

LordAza

What do you think is the most important feature of Universal Combat?

I think the most important aspect to me is the multiplayer capability.

Anyone else?

"Sir, we've got them in our sights."

"Fire a warning shot in front of her nose."

"Idiot i said in front of her nose not up it!"

- SpaceBalls

I thinking following important instructions and adding your system registration to your sig before the Agents get to you is a VERY important feature. To locate, head to the UC tech support forum and read all the pinned *IMPORTANT* kind of posts... the kind that say 'READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!' It's seeming to start to apply for all of this forum.

Agent one: We have him...

Agent two: It's the anomaly...

A1: Delete him...

A2: ...immerdiately.

A1: ...before he violates...

A2: ...Anymore rules.

They found you! You can't kill them! Only run!

Not even a month, registration was a week ago tomarrow.

I happen to READ things. (Such as the READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING bit...)

I have THE POWER. I can MERGE with any forum society with just a little watching and reading. (You don't spend six years on the internet to learn to be a newb OVER AND OVER. Instead, you learn how to BYPASS newbism and make it straight to Actually Understands What's Going On stage.) I noted how brutally serious SC's posts were concerning the infractions of his RULES OF MIGHT... or whatever you want to call them, regulations or whatnot. On the flipside, if I don't know what I'm talking about, I try to keep with what I DO KNOW, and for everything else, I've got a brutally powerful imagination, and the typing skills to use it. (Check out UC after action reports for single player, I came up with that battle off the top of my head in only an hour, but I used the dynamics I knew worked, and a LITTLE creative ingenuity... I doubt I spelled that last word right, but it's almost one AM.)

You should see me in RANT MODE. Without even SPEAKING, I can work myself into an all out BOILING RAGE just by going over what I'm typing in my head, and what starts out as a few sentences can turn into an essay.

I'm nutters that way... but I'm Tigerclaw, what can you expect?

Just keep the Snowboard Riding, Chainsaw Toting Penguines away! KEEP THEM AWAY!

Back on topic, I think the best feature of UC is not any ONE feature, but having SO MANY features incorporated into one game. No other game have I played that gives you the FREEDOM to play HOW YOU WANT, for AS LONG AS YOU WANT.

Even worse, he got his spaceballs quote wrong! It just so happens I know the whole damn scene!

"I SAID ACROSS HER NOSE NOT UP IT!"

"Sorry sir, doing my best!"

"Who made this man a gunner?"

"I DID SIR! ... HE'S MY COUSIN!"

"WHO'S THIS?"

"HE'S AN ******* SIR."

"I KNOW THAT! What's his name?"

"That is his name sir, ******* MAJOR, *******."

"And his cousin?"

"He's an ******* too sir, Gunner's Mate First Class Philip *******."

"...How many *******s we got on this ship anyhow?"

**EVERYONE ELSE: "YO!"**

"... ... ... I knew it, I'm surrounded by *******s..."

*"Clank..."*

"KEEP FIRING *******S!"

I read his post and iIdidn't see anything of system specs beign required for anything. All I saw was that being registered is required. If he is really strict about system specs for your profile I'll post em. And I purposely messed up that line. Rather then write a book I shortened it. And thanks for the welcoming Mr Wing Commander.

quote:

Until next colony drop... Tigerclaw signing off. (Wing commander? WTH?)

your handle is the name of the main ship in the first wing commander, well it's close TCS Tigersclaw

and to keep this on topic I like the fact one can get out of their CC and walk on their CC from bow to stern. Yes, I know I'm strange sue me

[ 08-10-2004, 05:43 AM: Message edited by: jamotto ]

quote:

Originally posted by LordAza:

What do you think is the most important feature of Universal Combat?

I think the most important aspect to me is the multiplayer capability.

Multiplayer could be better. The game is just so huge and complex, that its nigh impossible to get mp just right. I guess thats what subsequent games are for.

quote:

Originally posted by CedricB:

Ah... just a month and he's like one of the regulars.

Yeah Some of his posts, while off-topic (like the three in this thread) are so amusing, I feel bad deleting them.

OK, I think we can get back on topic now.

My favourite feature is the open ended nature of the game and the fact that whenever I decide to play anything can and usually does happen

Another feature is the feeling that I'm actually in command of a living breathing crew and the decisions that I make have real repercussions.

Anyway thats all for now suffice to say this game rocks

quote:

Originally posted by Admiral Tigerclaw:

Not even a month, registration was a week ago tomarrow.

I happen to READ things. (Such as the READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING bit...)

I have THE POWER. I can MERGE with any forum society with just a little watching and reading. (You don't spend six years on the internet to learn to be a newb OVER AND OVER. Instead, you learn how to BYPASS newbism and make it straight to Actually Understands What's Going On stage.) I noted how brutally serious SC's posts were concerning the infractions of his RULES OF MIGHT... or whatever you want to call them, regulations or whatnot. On the flipside, if I don't know what I'm talking about, I try to keep with what I DO KNOW, and for everything else, I've got a brutally powerful imagination, and the typing skills to use it. (Check out UC after action reports for single player, I came up with that battle off the top of my head in only an hour, but I used the dynamics I knew worked, and a LITTLE creative ingenuity... I doubt I spelled that last word right, but it's almost one AM.)

I also see you have the power to use the CAPS lock and SHIFT keys a whole lot. Back to the topic at hand... I think the question is borked. It's like asking what's the most important part of a building or something. The individual parts are meaningless really without the whole. But here's my stab at it...

I think Tacops is quite possibly the most useful feature in the entire game. You could play the entire game from there and never really have to use the HUD at all. It has almost a Harpoon feel to it especially after you get fleet control. As far as I'm concerned, Tacops makes the game.