HELP MEEEEEE!!!!!

REACTOR HOUSING PENETRATED!!!

AUTO-EJECTION SYSTEM FAILURE!

REACTOR SHUTDOWN FAILED!

"KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!"

(I came across this oddity while playing... All the engine trails coming incorrectly from that LRT-10 actually look kind of cool. I think having those randomly pop up sporadicly right before a ship explodes would look cool.... I've been in continuous combat in the Treas region for an hour, and I've had a lot of weird engine trails in weird places... I think my computer just needs a reset.)

[ 09-08-2004, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Cmdr Chavik ]

I'm glad your enjoying UC but SC is going to jump all over you if you don't put that pic in a link.

and yes I get those too after playing for a long time. (over night mining usually)

also I think there is a rule against makeing thread titles all caps.

quote:

'The time for you to edit your post has elapsed.'

It seems like, recently, the edit time, has been shortened..to make us THINK, before posting, I assumed. Now ya gotta request an admin to fix it, and beg for a waiver, for the 40 lashes...your apt to receive

(street): "Glad, it's NOT me....at least...THIS time!!"

quote:

Originally posted by street:

quote:

I know you're in Texas... but where street?

a little off topic...but Dallas/FW area.

Is that pic, an example of some commander: not sure which way to go, so he is trying to go in all directions, at once?

NAh, to me it looks like the light from the reactor exploding is breaking through the hull and sending particle streams of into space... a moment later such a thing would explode in a violent flash... I've got a demo of freespace two somewhere... but I could imagine how nifty it would look if ship explosions were beefed up to make you almost FEEL them, even if you have a crappinated sound system. You know... little things. Once a bunch of little things are done... they add up. BURN LRT!!!! BURRRN!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by ouch:

and yes I get those too after playing for a long time. (over night mining usually)

It is a driver issue and really doesn't have anything to do with how long you play. Sometimes the driver won't clear the view matrix so whatever was left in the buffer, is still there. This usually happens if you have been using the F10 camera to view remote objects that very far away or in a different region.

For instance, having the F10 view on a ship, and then it jumps regions? That makes sense for the second area I entered... Well, and the first now that I read the 'very far away'.

YOu got any quick codes that clear out the buffer SC? ...Oh and, totally random, I'm reading my shuttle repairs on my other computer here... and just now... the Engineering Assignments. The completion time for one of the assignments had a (P) after the time. Nothing relates to it in the manual. And it didn't seem to effect anything but... what was that?

Anyway... I reboot my computer... and I'm back to the grind... I just got my "Weak and poor" fighters ground into Hambugga' "to feed the RITCH!" And five intruders REALLY beat up on my marines... killed two.... after the first one died, I sent the whole ship's marine compliment to toastify them. They held themselves down in Weapons Pod 2 for fifteen minutes.

quote:

Originally posted by Admiral Tigerclaw:

For instance, having the F10 view on a ship, and then it jumps regions?

Yes.

quote:

Originally posted by Kenworthy:

Speaking of effects, when entering planet fall is the shield flashing effect ment to play instead of the flames I saw in an earlier version?

The shield fx will play if your card has a pixel shader. If not, the fx from BCM Gold will play.

I thought everyone knew this by now?

quote:

Originally posted by Admiral Tigerclaw:

Is not rubbish. Is my card.

Its rubbish. No card that combines ATI and nVidia chipsets, exist.

Not only that, you've made it worse

MSI ATI Radeon MS-StarForce Geforce4 MX 440 (NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440)

I mean, what is that?

If you don't fix it, I will delete your profile.

And you need to enter your driver info as well.

And while you're at it, three gig is not the correct processor speed. Try 3Ghz. Figuring out how to write the memory amount, is left for you as an excercise.

With all the noise you consistently make on the board, one would think that you'd actually know what kind of rig you're running - especially the video card.