New Infantry Orders

well Ive been sending marines down to the ground, and setting them to SAD. But they begin hunting something ALL THE WAY across the base, and end up getting killed.

SC, cant ya add like a new option for them to sort of have a small circle where they can attack the enemy marines? Maybe a 'Attack Nearby Enemy Units' and have a radius marker for the attack range?

Ohh. and I just thought of this. How about PTA turret upgrades? To increase their damage or strength?

Maybe like

Phased Turret Array MK I (default PTA)

Phased Turret Array MK II

Phased Turret Array MK III

Plasma-Phased Turret Array MK I

Plasma-Phased Turret Array MK II

bleh. These are just some of my random ideas of the late night. But PTA upgrades would kinda be nice

Oh, yeh, another wish list...

Personally, I think PTA is the most effective default weapon on board and is the last thing that needs upgrading it works fine the way it is - smart and deadly.

As for the marines in this game they are absolete and worth only fo fighting off the intruders, piloting the shuttles and posing for screenshots. The ground combat is still a baby at this stage, although it is promissing to become a teenager in the next edition. When I want dedicated ground combat I play Halo, Ghost Recon or Operation Flashpoint, but when I want to live the space game - it's UC all the way.

Skydive,I think you're missing the point of ground combat;in BC you do not just fight as in the games you mentioned,you fight using your strategy,your tactics and with YOUR CREW.Its one thing to fight with nameless teammates and its whole another thing to fight with the crew you know and have gotten familiar with(through countless adventures,witnessing their foolish mistakes,then seeing the same pilots/marines saving your ass last minute etc..).

@DarknessIncarnate:Try patrol waypoint order.

quote:

Originally posted by Darkness Incarnate:

well Ive been sending marines down to the ground, and setting them to SAD. But they begin hunting something ALL THE WAY across the base, and end up getting killed.

SC, cant ya add like a new option for them to sort of have a small circle where they can attack the enemy marines? Maybe a 'Attack Nearby Enemy Units' and have a radius marker for the attack range?

No. Play the game as-is and for what it is, not what you want it to be. And for $19.99, you must be drinking, to think that I'd waste my time on such nonsense.