Best carriers (...at least I think so)

Admiral LB

Firestorm.

Why?

I guess its just what you like. I like its ability to beat the crap-o out of just about any ship. But i also like the battlecruiser MKIII.

The firestorm has 10 (or more?) PTA turrents so beating up FC's is easy.

Really its just what ship you like more. i'v tryed diffrent ships but i like the firestorm. Guess because it holds 8 fighters and 4 SC's and a nice load of land vehicles ect.

Its just a all around good ship.

If a fast hyperdrive and top speed is important to you (i.e. you want to navigate around the galaxy relatively quickly and hope to arrive at the battle before it's over more often than not), then go for the Violon, even though it's shields and guns are a lot weaker than the Megaron's. For all round awesomeness, though, the Megaron is hard to beat.

quote:

Originally posted by UnderLord:

Firestorm.

Why?

I guess its just what you like. I like its ability to beat the crap-o out of just about any ship. But i also like the battlecruiser MKIII.

The firestorm has 10 (or more?) PTA turrents so beating up FC's is easy.

Really its just what ship you like more. i'v tryed diffrent ships but i like the firestorm. Guess because it holds 8 fighters and 4 SC's and a nice load of land vehicles ect.

Its just a all around good ship.

I love the Firestorm myself, it's what I usually fly, though to be honest, there are several times when I jump in a fighter, just to be in a little more nimble ship.

quote:

Originally posted by LB:

i noticed no one recommends the aestrom Super Carrier. Good, it is too slow to be of use but it is very strong

It was my favourite in the BCMG times, it's PTAs sweet spot used to be right in the center if the aiming cross so it was a powerful strafer.

Now it's not so anymore.....

• 2 weeks later...

For me the G-Supercarrier is the bomb!! Its got kick a** defenses and the offenses are to die for (literally). It has decent speed for my belligerent tastes. The size of this ship is awe inspiring, even more when youre on foot near it.

Can anybody post some pictures of it please!?

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO the Megaron is the best all around carrier.

It has good firepower (mainguns are fairly powerful, spm is high, and range is also good)

shielding is fine, and the point defense is tight and fairly powerful, above and below is a deathtrap for fighters, armor is sweet, good array of fighters (i love zenstars), and speed/hyperjump is ok. this carrier is the best balanced of them all, once again IMHO.

there may be carriers that are faster, or have better main guns, or stronger fighter cover, but they have somewhat major drawbacks, the megaron is balanced and the only drawback i can see is its slightly sluggish hyperjump engines. but it's not really that slow, or it seems that way to me.

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by DarkCommander:

Megaron, plain and simple, iv killed so many ships, inclueding super carriers and not taken a spec of damgae to the shields, much less my armor.

Well that's just skill!

I use the Megaron too. It's a good solid ship to take around the black.

quote:

Originally posted by Grayson:

quote:

Originally posted by DarkCommander:

Megaron, plain and simple, iv killed so many ships, inclueding super carriers and not taken a spec of damgae to the shields, much less my armor.

Well that's just skill!

I use the Megaron too. It's a good solid ship to take around the black.

all it takes is a bit of planning, and good aim. i've taken out firestorms and strom carriers in my megaron before they even bring their guns to bear.

• 1 month later...

BC MkIII is my all time favourite,

Mostly out of bc3k nostalgia I guess...

But I mostly like oparating a carrier and find the MkIII the most fogiving carrier around.

I can make a mistake and she still love's me

What I mean is: I've been shot to bits and pieces many of time's, but one way or the other the MkIII manages to hang on by her fingernails and gets me to a station even when most of her systems reduced to spark plugs

Could be just me, but no other craft ever does that for me

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...