My awesome tactic!

ice9

I got really pissed off one day at this GCV-WARMONGER ship because they were firing on my Jenstar, so I dispatched one of my shuttles that was out on patrol to go tow him to GALCOMHQ...It was so easy, and all I had to do to take his cargo was decouple the tractor beam and let GALCOMHQ's PTA systems take him out! I do that alot now so I wont have to get shot a whole lot and I'll get experience points and cargo...once i got a Trancor ODS which got me something like...about a couple million I think!

I didn't use that words to avoid starting a flame....but it's what I was thinking.....

The only thing I'm not sure about is the firing arc of the WARMY PTAs......not sure if there is one firing up/forward and able to hit the shuttle when it's towing it.

For the rest of the ships, many have that one so the shuttle is melted steel if it tries that.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I don't think the AI fires on shuttles. I need to check if I changed that or not. Shuttles are not a threat, since they can't
attack
. Unless the NPC ships is being attacked, it won't fire on the shuttle.

As I said I didn't checked that yet but I'm pretty sure in the past games they would have been destroyed..... I know 'cause I've already tried that tactics myself back in the BCMG days....

• 1 year later...