CTD after OTS Detonation

Meneliki

• 4 months later...

Sorry SC, but I found a similar Problem, this may be an Nvidia related glitch. Funny Thing is I have the same problem in UC Standard 2.00.30 Final. I'm using a AMD 2600+ Athlon with Nforce2 chipset. GeForce 6600 w/ 256 MB Video Mem, and 1 GIG for RAM. Also running XP Prof serv. pk. 2. I notice you are running an ATI Card so may not be reproducable on your machine. Anyone else with a 6600 card have this trouble??!!

One more thing to note. I figure that I haven't seen this error till I made my vid card upgrade, from a 5200 to a 6600. I just finished doing driver reinstalls to see if driver related and I went back as far as version 81.85 but doesn't seem to be an issue. Perhaps since 6600 uses the newer 3.0 Pixel and Texture shader, there may be an incompatibility between versions 2.0 and 3.0 in the way things are altered on an OTS detonation (explosion, crater, etc.)

I may be wrong, but this is a consistency i've noted. Us PC techs have a nose for sniffing out trouble.

No clue. Perhaps if you had a saved game just before you launched the missile, I could try loading it and launching the missile to see if I can reproduce it on my 6800GT.

Send the saved game to [email protected] and make sure that the name of the game is in the email subject or the spam filter will reject and discard it.

All I can send is my copy of Universal Combat Standard which is correctly patched up to the final edition.

Since the code should be the same (unless of course this is an Nvidia issue in which of course we get to yell at them)

On another note I'm having trouble finding Gold edition in stores. Have no credit card or bank card so its not like I can just download it.

Happy Hunting!

I got your saved game and will look into it later this week.

You don't need a credit card to order UC Gold. Go to the product sales page and you can purchase it from BMT Micro using food stamps if you want.

btw, please add your registration profile to your sig.

The files you sent cannot be restored because they are not the correct files. I have deleted them.

Once you get around to reading the forum section about which files to send and how, I'll look at the files when I receive them.

Ok I've sent the file correctly according to "General Issues" (Private laugh at irony of topic with name) Sorry bout the confusion, I'm rather new to posting, but i've been with UC since BCM came out.

btw, please add your registration profile to your sig.

I'd love to help you. Unfortunatly I don't know exactly how to do that. I can add something to the signature of course, I just don't know what code to use to link my profile. Just let me know and you got it!

Ok got my sig fixed, I must have missed that thread when I was glancing through that, energetic children like my own can get your attention to drift.

I really hope we can get a fix for this, I get the same CTD randomally on carrier planetary assualts as well. But it's so random, I don't know what's causing it. Only happens when i'm fully engaged by ground and air forces. Go Figure! I can't pinpoint it so I stick to my OTS problem, never know how some bugs can be related though. One might fix another.

(grumbles to self: GIVE ME PLANET BOOMERS BACK!!)

• 2 weeks later...

I said it was from UC standard in the e-mail, the error is genuine, did not mean to make trouble about it, there still is the problem, if only Meneliki could send his save game, but I don't know how to find him. If I can ever get my hands on UC Gold I could investigate this further, I guess as soon as I figure out those other payment methods. Please don't ban me, if someone was reporting problems with OTS in UC Gold with this particular error, and it is repeatable in the first version, then there is definatly SOME issue. Meneliki reported the problem back in January and no one else replied including himself. I had to say something. I thought I was just doing my duty to help, but since I've come through at the wrong angle I appoligize for any perceived deception any time wasted during this investigation. For all I know this is an Nvidia problem and i'm barking up the wrong tree.

Well, back to the old drawing board?

quote:

Originally posted by GeneralVagabond:

I said it was from UC standard in the e-mail

Why are you posting in the UC Gold forum?

UC is no longer supported. If it is a problemy in UC Gold, then it would be fixed. But I tried it with a new game in UCG and could not replace it.

quote:

Why are you posting in the UC Gold forum?

Since UC's main tech support thread was closed of course I couldn't post there, but this was an issue I had on this end. I searched the boards as much as I could, but this thread was the only one that seemed relevant. If I have any other questions I'll put them in the Non-tech support board. I'll close my end of this by saying, sorry for the mix-up, and I can't wait to get my hands on UCG, not to mention the Legacy edition, keep up the good work SC.

On a personal note, I would NOT be surprised in the least if there was something my card just didn't wanna render, who knows. Then I hear about NVidia taking over ULI, what are those eggheads up to? I used to be a firm supporter in their line of GPU's but now i'm having second thoughts.

• 2 years later...

I know I am bringing up and old thread and that UC is not supported anymore. I just don't want to create a knew one and do want to show that it has been happening!

I have a toshiba satellite, with 100g hard drive and 1g RAM. I have a 1.73 ghz intel pentium processer. I have soundMAX well obviously sound. I have SP 3

I get what the first post is describing an explosion, target destroyed, and then CTD with this program did an illegal opperation error message. Send error report? I usually click don't send.

Ok all I am asking is if there is anything I can do to STOP this, and how would I do it.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE!

Update:

I've tried all I can think of. It was interesting to note however, that the CTD only occured if the OTS missile hit a destructable oblect. I fired one at the ground and nothing happened.

YEEE HA!

since I haven't recieved any replies, I decided to just reinstall the game. What was there to lose? I backed up the saves and reinstalled!

Then I loaded a game with a launched missile.

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!