Multiplayer - server CTD

Werewolf

Here's a dedicated server crash that happens on 2 totally different machines running win2k. Both using FX 5600 cards and the detonator drivers listed in my profile. I don't know any exact steps to reproduce this, except to just run a server overnight with a few people joining and leaving. It will work for several hours, then it'll just crash.

Screenshot

SC, I suggest setting up a public ded. server with debugger running in background. Let people join, keep the server running for a few days (not just hours) and wait for the crash to happen. Without debugger running this is not going to get us anywhere.

EDIT: Command line for server: @start ucmp.exe -n -x1 -s

Config:

; this is a comment line

[server]

; set this to 1 if a private fleet server

server_fleet=0

; this is the name that shows up in the server browser window

server_name=hoxdna.org

; this message is displayed on successful connection to server

server_welcome_message=Welcome To My UC Server

; the IP of the server. If behind a router and setting up an internet server, check router for the IP address

server_ip=localhost

; the server port. If hosting a server behind a firewall, be sure to open this port!

server_port=2302

; set password to prevent clients from connecting to private server. NO spaces allowed in password

server_password=

; set to 1 if a dedicated server and client on same machine cannot connect

server_dedicated=1

; set to 1 for internet server or 0 for LAN server

server_type=1

; max number of clients that can connect to the server. This should depend on server hardware and bandwidth!

server_client_limit=16

; limit kilobits (Kbps) packets sent to/from the server depending on bandwidth. Set to 0 for no limit

server_bandwidth_limit=4

; limit the max client connection type

; 0=no max, 1=modem(28800), 2=isdn(64000), 3=cable(256000), 4=dsl(128000), 5=lan(1500000), 6=ti(1500000)

server_maxconnection=5

[game]

; delay (in secs) before client is allowed to spawn after being killed

spawn_time=20

; delay (in secs) before client is allowed to enter game world after connecting

start_delay=20

; set to 1 in order to have balanced teams. Players are picked at random and switched

auto_team_switch=0

; set to 1 to enable friendly fire damage from weapons. Does not affect explosion damage

friendly_fire=1

; set percentage of damage to apply to player if friendly fire is off

friendly_fire_penalty=0

; set to allow the display of friendly TTDs in cockpit, fp and tacops

friendly_ttd=1

; set to allow the display of hostile TTDs in cockpit, fp and tacops

hostile_ttd=1

; set to allow the display of neutral TTDs in cockpit, fp and tacops

neutral_ttd=1

; set NPC autogeneration on the server. Use with caution due to performance reasons !!

allow_ag=1

[game.scenarios]

scenario0000=scenario0000

[ 03-15-2004, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Hey, I have not been able to reproduce this server crash. And the console server (my version at least), works fine.

However, I noticed a graphics anomaly with the console server, in that if it is covered by another window or you minimize it, the display gets corrupted. I am looking into this one.

Also if you drag the window, it will sometimes crash (due to a terrain engine buffer that it not setup at that time). This one is fixed.

Apart from the above, both the graphical and console servers work fine.

quote:

Hey, I have not been able to reproduce this server crash. And the console server (my version at least), works fine.

OK. I just ran some more experiments and discovered that if logging is enabled (l1,l2,l3...)in the command line it will not crash and I get good log files.As soon as logging is removed it works as before.

Hope this helps.