RC3 Patch Comments

cpaek

Great patch. Couldn't go higher than 1024x768 before without my menus misaligning, but now I can do 1280x960(not 1280x1024 yet) and the game is night and day especially on a flat panel, because it's closer to it's native resolution and the fonts and graphics are extremely crisp. Looks like a different game. And now when I move, it doesn't suddenly jerk to another direction anymore. Very happy. Thanks SC.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, here's my favorite reason:

I can HJ from station to planet or vice-versa. Now I no longer need to travel 200 clicks away from a station/planet just to HJ. And when I leave a planet I don't have that 600+ distance to cover in my sluggish carrier.

The others should be obvious.

At one point I had to hyper to defend the Trancor from attack. I was so used to the new perspective I got a little worried I was gonna crash into the surface (even though I knew it wouldn't happen). Seriously, I was thinking "Oh shite!"

It's a keeper.

I got the new patch last night (RC3). I like the 1-9 speed control being back and I really like that the stations are orbiting. Nice touch! Putting them back farther from the planet is cool too. Well, thought I'd pop in here and say what I thought. Back to the game!

Possible RC3 related savegame problem (can't restore). Actually can't see any saves in the save list when try to restore and fails with resume (brings to empty load selection screen.

According to a post in the forums, all I need are a SGD file and SGX file from the appropriate profile (e.g. profile0 save0). Is this still true for UC?

Installed UC, upgraded to RC1. Played game until next update came out. Unzipped RC3 upgrade into UC game folder. Unable to see save games. Nothing else was done to the game. Does unzipping into the UC install folder wipe out anything in the save folder? I didn't notice any difference, nor did I see anything in the zip file that would indicate that.

Uninstalled UC completely. Reapplied all patches on fresh install. Copied contents of SAVE folder back. Still no dice.

Contents of Save DIR: (no other files besides...)

player0.sg(0-9)

player0.sgd

Attempted creating a new career in profile 0. Created a save game. Exited game, restarted. Copied all old save games back, including SGD file, couldn't see my saves in the Restore list. Created new career in Profile 9. Both profile 0 and 9 files in the save folder. Start game.. can only see profile 9 saves. Profile 0 is empty.

So I restarted the game. At least it gave me a reason to restart in campaign mode rather than roam. Now that I have a good grasp on the game Too bad I lost a number of days (in-game)playing time, a newly captured base, and a fully decked out BCMK3 (no artifacts of course).

Waah!

I think i'll go orbit Majora for a while and pretend i'm obiting Earth

-Back to blowing aliens up.

Well i bought the game Feb 10 and started playing, then installed patch 100.02 , had to start over because save games from retail i bought did not work, now i install patch 100.02 RC3 and save games from 100.02 (feb 14) dont work. So every time a patch comes out i have to start over???

quote:

Originally posted by Kronin:

Well i bought the game Feb 10 and started playing, then installed patch 100.02 , had to start over because save games from retail i bought did not work, now i install patch 100.02 RC3 and save games from 100.02 (feb 14) dont work.
So every time a patch comes out i have to start over???

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Weird. Oh well,
its an RC release - use at your own risk
, but mine worked fine when I tried it.

Come on now...

Guest Fox__Trot

quote:

Originally posted by Kronin:

Well i bought the game Feb 10 and started playing, then installed patch 100.02 , had to start over because save games from retail i bought did not work, now i install patch 100.02 RC3 and save games from 100.02 (feb 14) dont work. So every time a patch comes out i have to start over???

Nope not always

I mentioned this a few posts back but just seemed to get ignored seems to happen alot with my posts???

Anyway the problem with save games been unavailable after RC3 doesn't just seem to be an isolated problem maybe RC1 saves will work in the final patch.

I hope so.

Just read the thread regarding posts been ignored and deleted sorry for any mistakes I may have made I will try harder in future.

[ 02-18-2004, 03:43 AM: Message edited by: Bobcat ]

yesterday i istalled rc3 and i like 0-9 thrust but i noticed that when i enter ground veicle i cannot control turrets with mouse control activated in the option men├╣...in rc1 version i can...why? is my bug? or something changed in rc3?

thank you in advance...