will i lose my save game if i download patches?

Hatred

SC usually states when a patch will break your saved games. As of late he has taken to deleting them for you.

In your case I can pretty much guarantee your current saves will not be compatible once you apply the patches and the will be deleted when the patch is applied.

For future reference your saves are located in the SAVE folder in your UC directory.

quote:

Originally posted by Cartmanbeeps:

I always hate patching my 3000ad games. From what ive heard it will disapear

Rubbish. Only the 2.00.00 patch will delete saved games, since it was such a major update. The latest patches (e.g. 2.00.13) will not delete saved games. So, if you have been keeping up to date with the patches or are just now patching, you should be fine.

Please don't mislead the n00bs. If a patch is going to delete saved games (due to incompatibility issues), it will be clearly stated - in Red - in the VCF.

If the patch is such that saved games need to be deleted, it's often very worth patching.

Plus, with the frequency that I get destroyed, my save games tend to be worthless anyway. (I refuse to reload from save if I'm destroyed...only if the game crashes or I'm loading to continue a career)