CD-Key Authentication Issues

SoCal

After loading newest patch and started the game; I get a "Please enter you cd key". The problem is when I try and type in the cd key info, it actually shows enters something totally different then what I typed. I loaded the patch into the games folder as all the other previous patches, read the NEW VERSION INFO. Anybody else run into this problem? Also should I have DL v2.00.29 before I loaded themost current patch?

Thanks for any support on this.

[ 05-17-2005, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

1. Installed RC7, same problem as above.

2. Installed RC8, still having same problem. The only keys that will respond are the number pad and windows key. Thank god I haven't disabled it. lol.

Agreed.

Do the authentication from the MP shortcut,even if you don't what to play MP.

That generates the ucmpkey.ini file,and everything will work OK after that.

Thanks for the info; I got it to working doing the Authenticating from the MP shortcut. I would have never thought about doing that since I am not ready to play MP just yet.

quote:

Originally posted by SoCal:

Thanks for the info; I got it to working doing the Authenticating from the MP shortcut. I would have never thought about doing that since I am not ready to play MP just yet.

The auth system was implemented in single player a few versions ago, but I thought I had disabled it. Obviously not. I have now disabled it.

• 4 weeks later...

It has been reported just now that if the ucmpkey.ini file already exists, you can join a server as normal.

But you can't authenticate if you are joining the server for the first time and entering your CD-KEY.

We're looking into it.

• 2 weeks later...