Changing the Officers voice/lines?

I know you can change the playlist in the game, (but idk how to, ive read threads about it) But could you change what the mother or, I guess, the oficers say.

Like instead of "Priority one, we have intruders on board" Marines assigned to search duty." Could you make a recording of yourself saying "Warning, intruders onboard." "Marines ordered to irraticate."

This kind of adds your own personal touch. Is it possible?

Sure, at least I would think so. Just find out which dir. the "mother" sound files are located. Then change the sounds without changin the files' names.

It's been awhile since I've had UC installed, but for BCM-G the computer sound files are in: ../soundfx/officers/mo.zip.

As long as the file names within the zip file remain the same it should work.

I think most of those sound files have been in use since BC3K 1.0 anyway.

so for the intruder sound, just find said file then change the mp3 in it to say...a voice recording or a cooler phrase u have in mp3 format? and dont change the zip file name?

They are WAV files, not MP3.

And the list of voice files are listed in SOUNDFX.INI so you don't have to guess what sound plays what.

When you create a new file, you do not have to replace the existing one in the archive. Just put the new on in the same folder and as long as it is newer and has the same filename, the game will use that one instead of the default one.

Yeah. I forgot about the SOUNDFX.INI file. Much easier doing it Derek's way. Go figure.

The playlist tunes are in MP3 format, and to change the songs just either, import new ones, or use winamp.

Winamp works great (in the background) with every BC game I own...and I pretty much own every one (except for the redundant releases).