Enabling ODS's and Ai Patrols?

Jay Radcliffe

I'm a newbie to UC scripting running 2.19 and so far have only played Roam cmndr.

I'm trying to get a more dynamic feel to the space environment (though I realize this is obstructive for ACM scripts) . I've been up all night getting armed transports for mil forces in-game by editing the glob_ag file With great success but would appreciate a few more pointers:

How do I "persuade" AG enemies to patrol occupied systems aggressively and stations to lauch defensive fighter patrols. Is this done in Objclass with direct/indirect/_attack_class orders? or do I need to script it the the main .scr with cyclic orders (bit beyond me at the mo- but not 4 long!) or do I just need to make them loiter longer in glob_ag.

Also my technique for killing ods's is to HJ to them and stop dead shooting all the while at 2klicks i'm sorry to say they just look at you in the standard ROAM .scr - not at all like Legacy BC3k. Will aforementioned direct/indirect_attack_class affect this behaviour?

Any readers out there who could help would be first to get the finished dynamic roam scr.... eventually!

You shouldn't play in any way with glob_ag.scr file. Make this and you can get unexpected behavior when you play a standar campaign, IA or ROAM.

Instead of this you can create new scenaries how is explained in gbsIII_docs.pdf.

In your case a way to acomplish a more dynamic behavior is playing with [REGION] (SC warned that we don't mess in any way with that, but is the only way that I see, for the moment).

You can combine events, macros and region redefinition (I'm not try this) and perhaps to change diplomatic relations for acomplish your objectives.

You can start by creating a new ROAM scenary and create macros for get groups of ships for any race/caste and by defining a set of macros wich controls in some way the inactive regions of the navchart in a way that when a starstation detect any ship respond how you like. Do the same for the active regions. The macros for get ships can help you in two ways: first: automate the creation of wings and group of ships and second: you can give it orders and control it's reactions in the [events] section of each entity.

Also it's probably that you should use a cyclic event such acm_tick (fired every 5 seconds) for signaling.

Really it's not a easy task.

Good luck.