The Red Planet

Grizzle

The surface of Mars in UCAWA looks great! But the planet view is a little 'pale' in comparison. As long as Derek doesn't mind someone messing with his property (delete this thread if you do SC), then give THIS texture a shot.

Copy to your UCAWApte3stetex folder (rename or move the original first!). Take a trip to mars and enjoy!

Of course I don't mind. But this should be in the modding section. Moved.

The bitmap is wicked btw!!

The only problem you will find is that the topology height map won't match. It won't matter, since there is no water on Mars; but if this were a map that had such elevation variants, you would click on a water mass (in Tacops) but then find that you're actually viewing land when you zoom to the ground level. Thats why certain maps (pte3ptemap*.pte) have special global height maps (pte3ptemap*.ghm)

Thanks!

This was a texture I had laying around that I leeched off the net. Just modified it a bit to look good with UC's lighting. I think it's more consistent with the surface color now. Which by the way I'm very impressed with the new terrain engine... it's sweet.

• 1 year later...

I'm a little late to the party, wonder if there is any where to find this texture now a day. The links in the post are dead I'm really interested to see what all the hype is about.

• 10 months later...