Site Access

Supreme Cmdr

It has been known for a while that people (banned or otherwise) who have no business on this site, come here, grab posts and use them on the Net willy nilly.

The only to stop this is to prevent access to the forum unless registered. I did this at one time because removed it because its a pain to people who just want to view posts for tech support.

That jackass, Huffman and his friends still come here. In fact, this morning I got email from CAT that he had used the report post link (what an idiot) to report my response to HiPingScoba in this thread.

What the fool fails to realize (what a tool) is that reporting a post sends your IP address.

So, having got his IP address, we traced it. He, so far, has a static IP address.

Then I went to the UBB forum to see if there was a feature to disable the ability for unregistered people to use this feature and abuse it. Sure enough, according to this thread, it is coming.

In the meantime, taking a hint from a poster in that thread, I created an .htaccess file and jammed his IP address (and every IP address for him that I could find on Google and on his website) into this file. I have now tested it.

In the future, anyone who gets banned here, will be in that file - which then prevents access to EVERY section of the site.

[ 11-08-2002, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Here is the report that was sent

quote:

A user (Bill Huffman at IP 24.30.132.220) has requested that you review the following post by Supreme Cmdr in a forum you moderate:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

Originally posted by HiPingScoba:
ie fighters or shuttles given orders to return to base, or jump at a specific gate, will get about 38 units away and then abort.

Rubbish

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The user's reason for this request is: The Supreme Commander is being rude.

You may view the topic at the following URL: http://www.3000ad.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cg...0042;p=2#000046

Does that geezer not have a life or what! I've read alot about him before somewhere where he's been out for you.

I mean, you either love the game or you don't. There is actually a web site dedicated to slating you(SC) which I find funny coz someone actually bothered to do it (WHY?).

It's like me writing a web page dedicated to slating one off me ex girlfriends coz she was totally mad, but I wouldn't bother coz no-one else is interested plus, I just wouldn't bother.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Here is the report that was sent

quote:

A user (Bill Huffman at IP 24.30.132.220) has requested that you review the following post by Supreme Cmdr in a forum you moderate:

quote:

Originally posted by HiPingScoba:
ie fighters or shuttles given orders to return to base, or jump at a specific gate, will get about 38 units away and then abort.

Rubbish

The user's reason for this request is: The Supreme Commander is being rude.

You may view the topic at the following URL: http://www.3000ad.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cg...0042;p=2#000046

the SC being rude? Rubbish!

while i know it's not a joke for someone to do that on purpose.

perhaps Sherly had an apprentice?

Huffman never owned any BC game. Period. I don't post on the Usenet any longer, so he comes here to see how best he can aggravate me. Between him, Shirley and his other friends, they totally ruined the newsgroup with their rubbish. Just go to google.com, select groups, then search on bill+huffman and you'll see what I mean.

quote:

Originally posted by Sebbish:

*Looks at Huffman's post report*

*sigh* Where's my ZS10?

ZS10?? man that won't due... here

hands Sebbish a LR12 Rocket Launcher

As for being rude, I define rude as insulting someone or cussing them out.. and so far SC hasn't done that. At least not while i've been here if he has in the past well then there is nothing I can do cause its none of my bussiness

ok ok This is my last edit.

SC even though your banning them from the site, What happens if they somehow bypass what you've done? *In other words hacking*

Although im sure you'll be very very P'd.

[ 11-14-2002, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: Kalshion ]

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

What happens if they somehow bypass what you've done? *In other words hacking*

Although im sure you'll be very very P'd.

They'd get caught. They'd get prosecuted because hacking into a restricted site is a federal offense.

[ 11-14-2002, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I think ppl who hate SC and the game so much are like dark jedi. They used to love it, it was game they wanned to play, but something happend along theway. May be when Take2 (i think it was take2) released it unfinished, may be they dont know how to run game properly. Point is something made them hate the game and now they cant let go 'couse dip down inside they still love it.

I hate a lot of games and i have time to stalk their boards but i dont, why would i waist my breath and time, and yet they do. I feel pitty for those fools.

quote:

Originally posted by EAGLE:

I think ppl who hate SC and the game so much are like dark jedi. They used to love it, it was game they wanned to play, but something happend along theway.

Rubbish. As far as we know, none of those gits - especially Huffman - have never owned a BC game. Period.

Besides, being a Dark Jedi is somewhat prestigious I think. These gits aren't even close.

[ 11-17-2002, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Besides, being a Dark Jedi is somewhat prestigious I think. These gits aren't even close.

Indeed, Their more like a dark mold that is a pain to get rid of, and keeps coming back!

The other day I found a setting within the UBB forums that prevents anyone from viewing the content of a board unless their logged on. I'm sure you already knew this though just figured I would mention it anyway.

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

The other day I found a setting within the UBB forums that prevents anyone from viewing the content of a board unless their logged on. I'm sure you already knew this though just figured I would mention it anyway.

Thats only for registered members. And since those gits will never be registered, this setting won't work. The best option is what I already did : restrict their access to the entire site, period.

[ 11-17-2002, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Yo, SC? I'm just curious, but have you thought of trying to figure out more about this Bill Huffman guy and hitting him BIG time with slander charges? This would be the most open and close slander case ever.

I can't believe this guy is still acting like a 3 year old... When will these lame excuses of humanity give up? Heh, hell, maybe you could try a little reverse psycology. Send him a free copy of BCM. Hell, you never know, maybe he'll like it and get off your case.

- They are losers with nothing to do with their time

- They are convinced that their actings hurt DS and his business

- Derek used to reply alot to their flames (which is not really true anymore, hence the smaller flames)

quote:

Heh, hell, maybe you could try a little reverse psycology. Send him a free copy of BCM.

ROFL now THAT would be funny.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr. WeeGee:

Yo, SC? I'm just curious, but have you thought of trying to figure out more about this Bill Huffman guy and hitting him BIG time with slander charges? This would be the most open and close slander case ever.

Yep. Waste of time, money and effort. Problem being that we are in different states. The cost of litigation won't justify the means. I have spent quite enough money on consultations alone. In fact, an attorney in San Diego who works with my attorneys here in Florida, have a complaint and everything. I just didn't give the go ahead for litigation because as a civil suit, could get dragged out and he'd just get a slap on the wrist - and me a hefty legal bill. I'm just waiting for something criminal from his end and he's outta there. As long as it remains civil, it becomes a pointless venture.

Besides, he's already branded himself a net kook and has done himself more harm than he thinks he's done me with his libel.

Yes, I got notified about it too. Looks like he either has a dynamic IP or he's IP spoofing. Eitherway, I've added that IP to the .htaccess file and I am going to collate all this information and contact his ISP. Considering how ISPs treat issues like this now, it shouldn't be too hard to have, yet another ISP, yank his account.

I have re-opened the thread (you can close it again if another breach occurs) and disabled the Report Post function until the next version of UBB is released. That version will only allow registered users to use that feature.

I just checked that IP. It doesn't seem to be Huffman. This second IP is from Australia and it matches up with that idiot, Shirley's ISP in Australia and previous IP mask.

So, its probably him posting as Huffman. Though the first one definitely was Huffman.

code:

inetnum: 202.12.233.0 - 202.12.233.255

netname: TCOM-PHOENIX1

descr: Telstra

descr: 30/242 Exhibition Street

descr: Melbourne VIC 3000

admin-c: TH3-AP

tech-c: TH3-AP

mnt-by: MAINT-NULL

changed: [email protected] 20010516

source: APNIC

person: Telstra Hostmaster