New Community Forum

Gallion

Where to start? Probably like I did on the other forum. I got what I deserved. I was out of line. It hasn't been said but I understand Derek can't allow that sort of double standard to exist. I can't appear to be his friend here and his enemy over there and stab him in the back. That was never my intent but it's certainly how it looks.

Derek bashing or game bashing was never going to be allowed. If someone was uncomfortable posting here they could go there. If they politely wanted to breathe a sigh of relief that would be ok too (at least I thought). That was actually part of my misguided reasoning when I made that unfortunate statement. But outright bashing no.

If you don't enjoy the game or the community you shouldn't be there (or here) in the first place.

I truly regret losing Derek's trust and the trust of the community. I never deserved it in the first place. I never worked for it. I just did the things I enjoyed.

I could go on but I won't. I will probably say something else wrong. I am just thankful that some of that trust remained and allowed me to post an apology.

I apologize to Derek and the community. Hopefully past and future actions will absolve this one mistake.

Now that all the dirty laundry is out let's wash it and put it away and get back to enjoying the game and the community.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I don't plan on closing down this official forum anytime soon. As such it will remain the official BC board.

Thanks SC, I was heart broken when I read that you were closing down this board. You have made my day!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Charles Lindsey:

I apologize to Derek and the community. Hopefully past and future actions will absolve this one mistake.

As I said in my email, don't sweat it. Time will pass and we'll all forget that it ever happened.

Your position and motivation is clearer now than it was in your post over there.

Ahem. Lets just say that the problems are in part being blamed on high volume of traffic. I had expected it to fare better than this, but then again the volume of traffic has been rather higher than initial predictions. Just means speeding up plans to move the site to my own webserver, which should be up in a couple of weeks.

Apart from that, the server itself had somthing of an upset a couple of days ago and is still being coaxed back to life.

It was always going to be a tempoary location, just not as tempoary as I would have prefered.

Anyway, keep eyes peeled, it will be more stable shortly.

I was just browsing the BCC forum and noticed this thread.

Though he has been banned, you guys should be able to tell by now (from his posting style and regurgitated repetitive bullshit) that its the same idiot (Shirley aka Herbert aka Fabio aka etc etc) who roams the VE and other boards doing the same thing.

quote:

Originally posted by Menchise:

Some unqualified advice: start using Apache.

Yeah, you should see my friend's logs.. he got megs of logs from DoS attacks either from people or Code Red-type viruses. That tends to slow down his internet conection... and he has the same as mine (120kb/16kb kilobytes no kilobauds)

• 2 months later...

BIG forum update in progress. The main reasons for this are obvious (increased security, additional feature installations) and we will also shortly be moving to a new webserver that has little or no downtime. Much of the work is already done, but there will probably be periods over the next twelve hours or so where some features may not work quite correctly while I iron out the bugs. A working model of the forum is up at http://www.basement.b2radio.co.uk if anybody wants to have a look at whats being put in place.

More news to follow.

quote:

Looking great Blades!!!

Cheers boss. With these upgrades, we're patching security a fair ammount that is going to make it increasingly difficult for known detractors to vomit forth their crap and waste our time by having to ban them. Other than that, theres an admin facility in place that allows any of the TACOPS lot to monitor everyone that visits the board. This means that visitor IP's will always be monitored and logged by us. Certain IP ranges have already been banned from the forum to make it harder for the Space Muppet to be a pain in our asses. Oh yeah, poll features have been installed, and Im importing an avatar mod shortly as well as a few other little bits and bobs as I find the time.

I also got somthing else up my sleeve, but im gonna keep quiet about this one for now, just in case I cant get it workin and look foolish.

Ok boys and girls, in case you've forgotten the COMMANDERS COMMUNITY is alive and kicking, and has had a massive systems upgrade over the last couple of days. All the planned new features are in place as well as a few additional ones that we kept a lid on until now. Everyone who has registered with a valid email address should now have a private message waiting for them over at the CC forum detailing briefly the new features. I strongly suggest you all go have a look, and if you're one of those tardy chaps that has yet to do so (Not mentioning any names here *cough*TAC*cough*) why not take 5 minutes out of your day and do so?

Be seein ya gang ...

Guest Shingen

OK, please excuse my ignorance, but everytime I try to log into the site I get:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

Cannot open database ''. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.

/inc_top.asp, line 75

am I missing something or am I just daft?