UBB Forum Upgrade

Supreme Cmdr

Effective immediately, if I ever find a deadlink to any custom avatar or sig image, I am going to delete the person's profile entirely

I have already deleted jmarcel.f2s.com from a couple of sigs and I still see that some of you are still linking to a dead site.

You HAVE been warned.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A thought on that SC, would it be possible for people to test their avatars in a single thread so everyone can tell them if it's a sexy red X or not? Or would it update all their posts on the forum with a X?

Such a thing's possible before-hand by making a simple post using IMG tags. However, it'd probably be easier to just open up a completely new browser window and try to access the thing yourself.. most of the time that'll tell you if it works or not, unless you've got the image pre-cached.

• 4 months later...
Guest Remo Williams

From what I read over at Infopop 6.4.0 is a major update. Some of the new features sound pretty cool.

I think I'll hold off a few days though before I update Prime's board.

• 4 weeks later...

SC, I'm not sure if this is an oddity or something you have set. When I try to edit a message of mine..like one I posted a several minutes ago, I get this message:

quote:

Sorry, the time in which you may edit your message has elapsed.

• 3 weeks later...

I have upgraded the board to the latest UBB version.

The ranks indicated by number of posts have also been revised.

Also, if you post a message and edit it within 10 mins, the text indicating that it was edited, will not be entered in the post. You can edit/delete your post at any time - I have removed the time limit during which you were able to delete/edit a post.

Also new registered members now get a welcome PM. Here is what I put in it.

quote:

Hello there,

and welcome to the Battlecruiser boards. As you will see, this board is a very well organized and private invitation-only board. As such, we like to keep things nice, clean and orderly around here. No disruption. No profanity. No flaming. No repetition. No rubbish.

The rules are simple. Play nice or be banned. We usually
DO NOT
give out warnings!

Posting off-topic in forums will result in the message being deleted. If the post was insulting, inflammatory or similar, you will also be banned.

Posting any inflammatory, insulting, flamebait or similar, will result in the message and/or thread being deleted and you being banned.

Banning is done at IP level. This means that no matter what you do, there is a very good chance that you'd never even be able to read the board - even if you can't post.

The first thing you want to do is go to the
forum archives
and read the thread about including your system profile in your forum signature. This helps tech support personnel take one look at your sig and have access to your profile (which you provided when you registered your game) without having you ask you for it - and have you type it all in again.

If you need tech support, use the search function first. It is very, very powerful and you will usually find what you are looking for if you use the correct search term.

You should probably also go to the particular tech support section and set the forum to display all topics in that section, you can then probably find what you are looking for without having to be repetitive.

We HATE repetition around here - and again, if you create a thread about something that has already been covered, it will be deleted.

If you don't find your problem, then you can go ahead and either create a new topic in the relevant section or create a new post in a similar and/or related thread. Be sure to include a full detailed listing of the problem you are having. Nobody around here has a crystal ball and nobody gets a babysitter. If you are smart enough to play games such as these, you should be smart enough to be able to provide comprehensive information. Bottom line, without proper information, we can't help you.

One more thing, if you do decide to create a new topic (in the forums where you are allowed to), make sure that you do NOT have ANY spelling errors in the topic. If you do, the entire thread will be deleted
on sight
! Spelling errors in posts is part of the Net pop culture and is acceptable. But this is not the Usenet nor some free-for-all board on the Net. When in doubt, make a beeline for
www.dictionary.com
and check the spelling before posting. If English is not your first language, think
twice
before creating a new thread. When in doubt, find an English language translator for your native language. Any spelling errors in topic subjects will result in the thread being deleted.
NO EXCEPTIONS

The General Discussion forum is the free-for-all area. But even there, we have limits. Again, no profanity, flaming etc. Heated political, sociological or similar debates are usually quite tame - but the message usually still gets across. Be civilized. The average age of a Battlecruiser gamer is 27. As such, most are adults. There are very few kiddies around here. Probably because they've all probably been banned at some point or another for something or the other. Or they don't post.

Again, welcome. This is Derek Smart, your Supreme Commander.

WARNING

If you even
think
of sending me a direct email or a PM about something related to the board, tech support or similar. Two things will happen (1) I will delete the PM or email (2) I will disable your posting rights.

I have an email address for hate/fan mail. Use it. This way, I can either read it and respond or delete it - as I see fit. Then probably stick you an email killfilter. I'll never hear from you again.

If you have to report a forum post, use the
feature so that it goes to an admin. If you have to report something related to the board, use the Community Action Team email available on the board.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

One more thing, if you do decide to create a new topic (in the forums where you are allowed to), make sure that you do NOT have ANY spelling errors in the topic. If you do, the entire thread will be deleted on sight! Spelling errors in posts is part of the Net pop culture and is acceptable. But this is not the Usenet nor some free-for-all board on the Net. When in doubt, make a beeline for
and check the spelling before posting. If English is not your first language, think twice before creating a new thread. When in doubt, find an English language translator for your native language. Any spelling errors in topic subjects will result in the thread being deleted. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Wow, just like my mom when I was growing up.

Doesn't this place feel just like home guys?

Guest Remo Williams

SC is there anyway to adjust the amount of characters allowed in your sig on the board?

I was just trying to update my profile and was told by the board that my sig was only allowed to be 250 characters. It also said that the current character count was 355 and it will not let me update my profile unless I change the character count in my sig. Which would mean removing my System Profile Info URL and fleet logo URL

Moderators, be advised that Huffman has been abusing the Report Post feature of the board again. So I have - again - disabled it until UBB releases a very that only registered members of the board can use.

• 8 months later...

I was guessing what happens when someone that find a bad post click the REPORT POST button.......

Who will be notified...? and what about the post...?.... I mean is some measure automatically done or someone of the mod or adm has to do his work...?

An E-mail is sent to all the moderators, with a link to the offending thread so that we can either delete it, or tell the person that hit abuse that they overreacted. Most of the time the offending post is removed.

I was reading the FAQs about the forum and particularily about PMs but can't find an answer to this.....

If I send someone a PM and I see in my profile that the recipient still hasn't read it, deleting the PM will still allow the recipient to read the message or it will be deleted on his profile too?

Thanks for the help.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by dennymala:

I was reading the FAQs about the forum and particularily about PMs but can't find an answer to this.....

If I send someone a PM and I see in my profile that the recipient still hasn't read it, deleting the PM will still allow the recipient to read the message or it will be deleted on his profile too?

Thanks for the help.

They will still be able to read it. It only removed it on your end so you can no longer see it.