UBB Forum Upgrade

Supreme Cmdr

I posted two times before the latest upgrade. While editing the second post, it said something like:

[paraphrase]For the first 10 minutes after you post, you may edit without the "Message edited by [user] on [date/time]" being included in your updated post.[/paraphrase]

After the upgrade I tried editing again, and it said:

quote:

Sorry, the time in which you may edit your message has elapsed.

This issue has been brought up before by ShoHashi: Community Discussions ┬╗ UBB Forum Upgrade

It was also reported 3 other times in different threads (search: keyword(s) 'Sorry, the time in which you may ed').

Thanks.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Remo Williams

Sounds normal to me it depends on the admins preference. You can set those setting to any time limits you wish. For instants if your on Prime's board you can edit your post up to five minutes after you posted without it stamping the post as edited. After 15 minutes your no longer able to edit the post at all.

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

Sounds normal to me it depends on the admins preference. You can set those setting to any time limits you wish. For instants if your on Prime's board you can edit your post up to five minutes after you posted without it stamping the post as edited. After 15 minutes your no longer able to edit the post at all.

This board is configured for 10 mins

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

New smilies! Trying something I noticed in another thread.

Troutsmack:

Baseball bat smack:

Yup trout smack and Baseball bat smack are both just called "smack" so apparently it grabs the first one (trout smack).

I have a copy of the latest version of Invision Board on my hard drive at home... got it right before IPB started charging people for it. Updates, bug fixes, etc. can still be added into it. I have admin access on another forum which uses this (besides my Orion Fleet forum) and it's great. Would take some fine tuning over UBB as you can see my color scheme isn't quite the same on the Orion forum as it is here... blindly editing HTML will do that I guess...

• 8 months later...

Clicking my profile icon the site tells me I am on 172.151.147.211 But if I post from AOL I get

quote:

Sorry, but your IP Number is currently banned in our forums. You may not post or register on our site.

Please feel free to email us at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Your IP number is: 152.163.100.7

We have a workaround for now but it was "interesting" seeing that for the first time.

• 4 months later...

I hoard PM's terribly. There is important info in a lot of them.

Think you could talk UBB into making a delete from site but save to hard drive button in addition to a simple delete button?

Yeah, yeah, I could do it myself with text but a one click operation would be nice. And a selling point for them.

If not, I'll do it the hard way.

• 2 months later...

I was cleaning out some posts in the Earthcom forum today when I got this message whhile trying to delete the first of two posts.

quote:

Hack attempt logged. You may not leave out the reply number while editing.

As far as I could tell the reply_num was in the URL. It appears to have been straightened out. Was I just doing to much at once?