My walk into the airlock...

Guest acid9

Guest acid9

I title it that because the going trend in these forums is to oust those who have opinions. But it matters not, for what I'm about to say, I say to only one person and that is, the one known as supreme commander or SC. Who I assume is also the creator of this so called game (it's not very much fun do to lack of support). And I have no plans of returning to these hitler youth camp forums after this because my post will be deleted in order to stagnate any controversy that it may inspire (kinda like the Iraqians). But none the less I have to vent, or kill, and this is the result.

Since when did it ever benefit a game dev to treat their fan base like such idiots? I've always been afraid to post on these forums for fear of being banned or branded, which is sad.

So what if I ask a simple question that was answered a year ago, or even a month ago. Do you think everyone has the time on their hands to go through all your threads for answer to a simple question, just to find out it hasn't been asked and have to post the question anyway? And then to have to read some flaming reply from some fool named SC talking to people like they were morons. The game isn't very user friendly to begin with. Even if it was easy to follow, There is no excuse for rudeness, especially to those you are wanting to buy your product. Your self-rightousness sickens me .

Have a little patience with people, like they do with your sorry azz. It's a 2-way street you know.

And I've shown mine, I bought BCM, and fell in love with it. I was downheartened when I found there would be no MP patch, but I treaded on. Bought BCMG for the improvments (which were very few. Thanks for mugging me twice BTW) and the MP action that it would bring.Yet, here we are a month after BCMG hit shelves and still no MP. Which reminds me that games like this are better left to the pros and not some geek in his mom's basement.

I'll be very surprised if anyone but the dick himself reads this. I don't care either way because I'll never be back to see. I donated my copy of BCMG to the local house for the retarded. They will probobly never understand what it is they are playing, but at least they have a higher tolerance for being kicked around about it.

I'll be playing EVE ONLINE, E&B, and things like that. You know, games ran by people that that not only know what they are doing, but have tolerance for those that don't.

quote:

Originally posted by LaserBrain:

And I have no plans of returning to these hitler youth camp forums after this because my post will be deleted in order to stagnate any controversy that it may inspire (kinda like the Iraqians). But none the less I have to vent, or kill, and this is the result.

Invoking Godwin's Law guarantees that your post won't be taken seriously.

quote:

So what if I ask a simple question that was answered a year ago, or even a month ago. Do you think everyone has the time on their hands to go through all your threads for answer to a simple question, just to find out it hasn't been asked and have to post the question anyway?

Hey, if it ain't worth your time to put in a little research BEFORE you ask a question, regardless of what it is; then it ain't worth my time to type out an answer that you were just too LAZY to find.

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

Invoking Godwin's Law guarantees that your post won't be taken seriously.

I was wondering about that, but couldn't quite figure out the reference. Wot an idiot.

Guest rtoolooze

"So what if I ask a simple question that was answered a year ago, or even a month ago. Do you think everyone has the time on their hands to go through all your threads for answer to a simple question"

-------------------------------------------------

Do YOU think Derek has the time on HIS HANDS to ask every simple question?

Why do you think there's a search button anyway. If Derek had to answer every "simple" question that a player asked, why, we would'nt even have BCM to play right now. Much less BCMG, and I'm afraid no work would be done on BCG yet if he did that. I think most here would want the S.C. to be using his time developing THE GAME, rather than answering questions, whether simple or not.

Thats why there's a manual, and a search button. Believe it or not, their are players who actually know how to play the game without having to come in here to ask every question that comes up. Also, if you really had a legit question, that was hard for you to find, and if you asked nicely, you would find a lot of vets here willing to help. Apparently, you did'nt even try, being that was your one and only post.

Too bad, your loss.

But still ... he has a (little) point. HE BOUGHT the game ... i think that everyone deserves support for his money that he/she/(it) spent,am i right? Still,to talk about insulting and then typing that SC is a DICK ...this makes his argument verry weak.

LaserBrain ... ch. nick to BrainLasered.

:)cheers ppl

quote:

Originally posted by MindFever:

But still ... he has a (little) point. HE BOUGHT the game ... i think that everyone deserves support for his money that he/she/(it) spent,am i right?

Sure, thats why there is a support address in the manual and you can use the forum search button.

Since when did support mean that I have to answer ANY questions - especially since everything has already been covered?

Please explain this to me because I'm baffled.

from my experience maybe 5 percent of developers answer forums.

2nd, I think people are taking things a little too personally, you have to realise this is the internet, there is NO way to tell HOW someone is talking to you. the SC tells it like it is, he doesn't know you...he knows nothing about you, why you take everything so personal?

when I first joined I thought he was a hard fellow too. but have a chat with him outside of any stupidity such as you have spewed forth and you would see how much the good person he is.

and how much he likes his fan base.

as always this post will self destruct within 5 minutes of you reading it.

Derek,

Not in LaserBrain's case ... and in myne too (years years back then ).But lets skip the internet rude chat in the past.I really dont offend if someone is criticising my speach or quotes or whatever.People,its just INTERNET FORUM.Even you Derek,c'mon.

But to return into the topic... Well,you are rushing a bit ahead.I wasnt saying that you DIDNT OFFER support to people who bought the game.My point was something else.I suggest you read again what i wrote back there (can i talk like this to you SC ?If u r neverous today,im sorry). Or read the manual appendix (khmm...ok bad joke ).

Anyway,beeing nice to a stranger is not a KNOWING THE PERSON'S FEELINGS issue,but the professionality.To be as neutral as possible.If many people are calling you unprofessional,THEY must have a reason.And only THEY saw something in you that bugged them off or turned them down(that doesnt mean that everyone else does,but this also doesnt mean that they arent right). You dont have to flame them or even reply to them.Just take note,and lets go on! This kind of people obviously misunderstood something ... to understand is to controll.Understand them,and then u could controll a potential missunderstanding...

Oh,and by the way Derek,the quote you once wrote : If it aint broken,why fix it? . Sorry,but japanese technology is one of the finest.Even the cars and motorcicles. They have the philosophy like this: In case it brakes-up,why not improove it??. just to give u a counterstrike And please,excuse myself of posting in such a weird way (not using quotes signs ...etc.),because im new in this forum (and i wasnt here for quite a long long time)...u'll understand i hope,eh ?

Bah,this post is HUUUUUGE!

I have say in all the instances I've seen of flaming and rudeness, it's other people that seem to be doing the flaming and being generally unpleasant to Mr Smart, rather than the other way around. (On other forums mainly)

Maybe SC doesn't 'tolerate fools gladly' but this is his board and his series of games.. he can do what the hell he likes, surely. And while I have seen instances of him being, lets say 'short' with people.. I can often see why. Maybe people need to not be so thin skinned.

He controls his forum strictly and that at least stops it descending into the mayhem many other forums end up in.

This certainly isn't the only forum where if you ask stupid questions you get a RTFM response.. what is all the fuss about?

And finally, the initial poster didn't make any sense, one minute he 'fell in love with the game' and the next moment he's 'donated my copy of BCMG to the local house for the retarded'

How charming..

I would peronally rather SC spent some time writing BCG than answered every question on this board that's been asked a thousand times.

It's nice to come here and not have to wade through thousands of duplicated or troll topics to find anything decent to read.

quote:

Originally posted by Banquet:

It's nice to come here and not have to wade through thousands of duplicated or troll topics to find anything decent to read.

Which is EXACTLY the reason this board is nice and clean and its not hard for most people to abide by these rules. This is not a free for all and the rules are in place for the benefit of all and particularly for my very own piece of mind.

My thoughts exactly on what Banquet said. Everyone would be a lot better off if they had thicker skin but it would be a non-issue if they kept personal agenda out of the discussion.

Keeping a tight reign on the board is SC's perogative, afterall this is his "house" and I consider myself a visitor. And just like in the real world, when I visit someone's house if I so choose, I'm going to be respectful. And besides, keeping the "junk" off this board (like my own post here ), creates a nice thin, lean BC resource for those like myself, who are only looking for gaming answers.

If you don't like the party, the host and his guests, then why bother to come to it? Ok, bad metaphor.

And finally, the initial poster didn't make any sense, one minute he 'fell in love with the game' and the next moment he's 'donated my copy of BCMG to the local house for the retarded'

Laserbrain was probably ticked off because the mentally challenged learned how to play before he/she/it could

Some people do not understand that the internet free for all mindset doesn't fly here. Rules can be a good thing.

Anyway... it seems to me I remember a line from ESB where the term "laser brain" was used as an insult. Nice choice of name.

I agree with all of you. I hope that this is clear that i dont suport insults from anyone to anyone just because he has a bad day. I must admit that i heard many things about Derek and i investigated in this matter (plenty of stuff that i checked).Still,as i dont know him personaly,i should only judge him by his work.sice i admire his ideas and his hard work (t'wasnt easy.he could make it more easy for him,but its just the way SC is and if he changed that,the reflection would be in his game,wich would be a totaly different game.),i must then aproove that i respect his choices and support his concepts.Still,i may not support a few things that he said,but that is what I think.Im a verry diplomatic person,most of the time:).I wont attack people's different point of views,thou this is not in my character:) Derek maybe rushes in some comments,but thats the way he is i think.I wont be offended by any kind of chatter in here,but I will express what I agree and what I dont.

Sure,this is his "house",but that doesnt mean that we cant say different opinions(critics included).If he doesnt like that (or doesnt beleave that - check it and see i say),he should say so.If not,bad luck for us.If he bans us for that...well,i will keep the comments for myself then

I allways check the both versions of each side.So please dont think about me,as i wanna try you understand LaserBrain and others of his kind...anyway,he had a weak argument

Damn,im typing toomuch... keyboard's fault!!

[ 05-05-2003, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: MindFever ]

ob5idian,for who was this quote of yours ? not for me i hope (if not for me,nevermind... just checking )

Damn,im short of my cigarettes...I need more nikotine.tar packages...doh,noone cares offcourse

Obsidian, have you played counter-strike?

I'm guessing Master Laserbrain is 12-years old (I say master because I truly disbelieve he/she/it is an adult, and if you look back on times past, Master was the way to talk to boys. Just a tidbit of history .) He has yet to learn that the internet has rules too. Perhaps the youngling has only posted on half-life boards. They are among the worst managed boards in history; never have I seen a board for HL or HL mods actually enforce the rules.

His grammer is far from perfect as well. This is typical of CS gamers though. I've seen ass spelled azz far too many times within the game. Ooo, he used a big word like self-rightousness. So bloody what? Use narcissism next time Master Laserbrain, makes you look even smarter.

The fact that he called you unprofessional sickens me as well. Many times have I actually had discussions on IRCs with "professionals" who know less about C++ coding than I do, and I know basic C++ coding for basic and adv. mathmatics (gotta make that homework easier! ) purposes. Then going on to say that people call you unprofessional because in a professional manner you say, "Read the manual p.XX and search the board using the search function." shows me just how unexperienced he is. Say this. If I was to call Mackie for help with a new soundboard I got for work and asked what the Output dial next to the Master Mono Output was they'd say (and I know this from experience, I had a question about something else once that was in the manual, but overlooked it) "Sir, its in the users manual on page X." I've learned through my experience, and I've still got a lot to learn being 18, that this is common practice in the professional world. Read the fine manual people, remember this, and you will do fine on this board and in life (for all you people who are younger, as few as that is).

He's a troll, simple as that, lets just move on and forget. I hope he stops by one day just to see what feedback he got from this as well, I would love for him to read what I've got to say about life. He needs the knowledge.

Oh, and kudos to you SC! You are one of the most professional men alive, you do keep it neutral and to the point (unless they insult you, even then you tend to keep a relatively cool head.

LOOOOOL! i thought i made quote lines...they all look the same...ah geez,its 0:15 am ... emm yeah,not my fault then ... sure ... right?

U mean a fix like something with a screw driver ? No but seriously,LaserBrain ...LASER BRAIN... i mean,how original can someone get? Yeah man! Im cool because i Lasered my brain and im smart too! ( ) ... eh,nevermind,im freaking out...my GF went home .and anyway,probably t'wasnt for me the reply of yours either