New Forum Layout

Bandus

Ewww, a new and improved board design.

Has anyone seen the Truman show? The last scene with the security guards when they realize the show is over and that they have nothing else to do.

Yeah, I'll admit it, when I tried to get on the forums this morning and it said, "Down for maintenance" I looked around my office and wasn't sure how to proceed. :snickers:

My name is Bandus, and I'm an addict.

But seriously, new design looks good SC, I like it.

[ 01-02-2004, 06:58 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

haha, man, you have issues

Anyway, mods/admins, please assist with the moving of topics from the General Discussions thread to the specific new forums. I moved stuff from the past month, got bored, and gave it up. The forum does not have an option to do a mass move, so it has to be done manually.

OH good god. What happened to the board? Hackers, had to be hackers. Orr... oh. Heh, I kinda like it, now I don't have to sift through the political garbage that tends to turn into fistfights .

Great work SC

P.S. No offense intended towards Jaguar or any of the other heavy political guys.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr. WeeGee:

OH good god. What happened to the board? Hackers, had to be hackers. Orr... oh. Heh, I kinda like it, now I don't have to sift through the political garbage that tends to turn into fistfights .

Great work SC

P.S. No offense intended towards Jaguar or any of the other heavy political guys.

Oh really?

Looks pretty darn good SC, I see that the end of the year organization bug has hit you, well, glad to say it has not hit me yet, my desk is as trashed as it ever is.... but I will probably get organized and cleaned up within a week of New Years.

Looks good SC, and I will help with the topic moving as I get the opportunity.

quote:

Originally posted by Bandus:

Within a week of New Years?

:taps Jaguar on the shoulder and then shows him a calendar:

And I meant after New Years, but I decided I would do it today, SC cleaned the forum, I will clean my desk...LOL

Oh, and WeeGee, I am NOT opinionated......

I'm just always RIGHT!!! LOL

Phew, for a minute there I thought it was a flu induced hallucination. I'll have to get use to the new format. The one thing I do see that has not changed is the obsessive behaviour towards SC on the GoneGold forum. I tell you from the looks of it some of 'em have even gone paranoid to the extent of accusing someone else of being SC. If that's not obsessive compulsion delusional behaviour I don't know what is.

Yup, I got hit with the flu. There I was minding my own business christmas afternoon, felt fine in the morning, then around three O'clock it hit. I tell you this was the nastiest one yet. No remedy seemed to work on this little bugger. From that thursday on I was unable to sleep or do anything. Lost my appetite too except for the fluids the only thing I was able to eat was chicken soup. OMG, I lost a whole pants size I use to be 32 but now it's 31. The damn thing didn't even give up quietly either. You know those desert movies where there's always some guy just making out of the desert alive looking totally dehydrated well that was me yesterday. However, I have survived the bugger and am glad to be back. That is until the next nasty little bugger has it's way with me . I still feel a little woozy but at least I should be able to enjoy the entrance of the new year.

[ 12-30-2003, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

Oh, and WeeGee, I am NOT opinionated......

I'm just always RIGHT!!! LOL

Heh, yea, always right Jag, you never say anything wrong (You really are awesome to debate with man).

Um, SC I just noticed something, under the arts, the only thing you put in the description is Movies. Sorry, I think I've just been working in the "real" arts for a little too long (Theatre, and I say real loosely, both are very difficult and different artforms to master). Although I do realize thats just about all we talk about here, I'm just thinking if theatre is in the description maybe some of us might talk about theatre more. Sorry, but I can't help myself from promoting live theatre, when I say I work in theatre people always think the movies, and I guess its just starting to get to me.

I got that flu around Mid-Terms last semester LostInSpace. Stay in bed, thats the only way to get rid of it, trust me. Don't give it a 100% ok yet either, it'll rebound in a heartbeat. Don't know if this will help, but try drinking some V8 Splash instead of Orange Juice. I got over it faster than my room-mate who was drinking Orange Juice when he had it, but it could just be differences in immune systems.

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

The one thing I do see that has not changed is the obsessive behaviour towards SC on the GoneGold forum. I tell you from the looks of it some of 'em have even gone paranoid to the extent of accusing someone else of being SC. If that's not obsessive compulsion delusional behaviour I don't know what is.

Yeah, and we already have a thread for this over here. Please post there.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr. WeeGee:

Um, SC I just noticed something, under the arts, the only thing you put in the description is Movies. Sorry, I think I've just been working in the "real" arts for a little too long (Theatre, and I say real loosely, both are very difficult and different artforms to master). Although I do realize thats just about all we talk about here, I'm just thinking if theatre is in the description
maybe
some of us might talk about theatre more. Sorry, but I can't help myself from promoting live theatre, when I say I work in theatre people always think the movies, and I guess its just starting to get to me.

OK, I will sort that out later today.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Anyway, mods/admins, please assist with the moving of topics from the General Discussions thread to the specific new forums. I moved stuff from the past month, got bored, and gave it up. The forum does not have an option to do a mass move, so it has to be done manually.

Been doing a few,

got a question will the search function catch up in a few hours or does the board need re indexing?

example of the problem: do a search on the word "Movie" in "General Discussion - The Rubbish Pit" + "Subject only" you get 184 results most with the following type of result

http://www.3000ad.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cg...ic;f=7;t=002970

well I have moved around 150 of them

I was going to say PM me if any of you see posts in the wrong Forums but I might get inundated with PM's so don't.

I had a few hour spare at work between 3 am and 7 am on Wednesday morning and since we have been given Internet access I started to move a few and did some more in the last hour.

Only another 2000+ posts to sort.

quote:

Originally posted by Pugwash:

got a question will the search function catch up in a few hours or does the board need re indexing?

The forum needs to be re-indexed when threads are moved.

I will re-index it tonite and each time a mass thread relocation is done.

• 4 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Pugwash:

When did the
Forum Archives
get cleared out?

There's only one topic in there now and the link to
Forum Sig
at the top of the forum main page leads nowhere.

I moved that one topic about the DC farce back to the dev forum.

As for the sig, dunno. If its leading nowhere, that means the search needs to be re-indexed. I'll do it tomorrow.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

As for the sig, dunno. If its leading nowhere, that means the search needs to be re-indexed. I'll do it tomorrow.

The forum sig link is a hard link on the main page as in

http://www.3000ad.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cg...c;f=26;t=000004

(forum 26 = Forum Archives )

although re indexing will facilitate the search function finding the topic the main page will still need to be edited to point to its new residing place.

• 2 weeks later...