Is anyone still using Active Worlds?

Menchise

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, Den Dee was the man to get that thing up. I do hope the SDF center was removed, we fought tooth and nail to have it deleted only to have account problems denying the deletion..sheesh. I gave up the account in frustration and never could get a hold of a staff member to delete it. Is that eyesore still there?

Yeah Epsilon 5 went a little wild with his creative talent, hehe - I of course created $iLk's Bar - simply as a place to meet and hang out, also upstairs and in the adjoining building will be offices, but please as Epsilon said earlier, if you want something there let us know, please do not mess with our stuff. Other than that have fun and take a look around - new $hit added every day.

Guest Remo Williams

Its good to see AW is becoming active again. I'm still a registered member. If you guys get a chance go check out Gamma Wing HQ. Rico Jansen and I built it about this time last year. I'll try to drop in soon and check out the new additions.

Well the Delta Wing Complex is under construction, my office is finished, go to 983N 915E and face north, will get a transporter up to make it easier to get there, but it's up and under construction!! Check it out!!

Fly up, you will see a transporter, go into it, and poof, in my office!! lol

Tac, there are still traces of the sdf in aw, like a flag near the entrance and a sdf/bg - akira picture

What is the sdf?

If AW become active, I'll try to find money to register.

I've seen where the gamma wing hq was, but didn't entered.

I have some space left near the entrance, If anyone could get me pictures of the different races in the bc universe, I'd be happy. Wanna make the intergalactical glass dome, and put a few teleporters around. Then, the area will be full.

My first post in a while.

Last night, I did my end of semester Java exam. As soon as I got home, I did some 'cheer up' building in Active Worlds. I have plans (secret plans ), which I will look forward to completing after the last exam before holidays (tommorrow evening).

quote:

Originally posted by Baloogan:

Where is Dee --- He was the keeper of the commadner's village, and his hideout is like 4 meters away from my office?

Heh, no one knows where he is. Haven't seen him on ICQ in over a year.

I finished my study earlier than expected (there's only so much you can study about Writing Skills), so I started building ahead of schedule.

I have basically completed my office next to the BCM complex, as well as my secret .... ... ... ......... ..........

Just a few more things to add to the buildings and I'll be satisfied (for now).

I am satisfied (for now).

My office is on the other side of Galcom's World (EP5's building) in the Commanders' Village.

Insurgent Commanders will be given details about the secret base that I built for them. All non-Insurgents are welcome to search for the secret passage that leads to it. It's not hard to find, but it's not easy either.

[ 06-15-2001: Message edited by: Menchise ]

Well broke down and bought a membership, I love legos!! lol

I'd love to see some more of the commanders join us on Activeworlds, it is fun, I had forgotten how much fun it was to build fascinating things without that little piddling thing called gravity,and how much fun it is to talk to other people while you are doing it.

So, Come on all, come join us on activeworlds!!

quote:

Originally posted by Baloogan:

Where is Dee --- He was the keeper of the commadner's village, and his hideout is like 4 meters away from my office?

I've seen Den Dee on ICQ ONCE a couple months ago. He said that things aren't going all that great over there in Isreal where he lives because of the conflicts happening over there.

quote:

Well the Delta Wing Complex is under construction, my office is finished, go to 983N 915E and face north, will get a transporter up to make it easier to get there, but it's up and under construction!! Check it out!!

Checked it out. Looking good.

Just one thing: The transporter that leads to $iLk's Bar needs new coordinates. I ended up 'inside' one of $iLk's tables.

quote:

Just one thing: The transporter that leads to $iLk's Bar needs new coordinates. I ended up 'inside' one of $iLk's tables

You should pop up ON the table, hmm, altitude adjustment!! LOL But you're right I should change it to somewhere less obtrusive!! lol

I made it that way, because you're not paying the cover, so you do a table dance to make up for it!! lol

[ 06-16-2001: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

I've been there for the past hours. Finaly payed the electricity bill to AW. So Gamma Wing HQ has lightbulbs now. Yippee!!! Gamma Wing HQ was quite dark when you walked in there the past year. But not anymore.

Also been working on my hideout. (961.3N 888.6E 0.0a 44)

I also put a screen linking to 2 Amsterdam webcams. Dam square and Vondel park to be exact. If you want to, you can set the update period to 3 settings (for Dam square).

And my office has an uplink to this forum.

Any Insurgent with an Active Worlds browser who is interested in seeing the new base should go to the "Secret Base" thread in the Insurgent Forum.

Has anyone found the secret passage yet?

Anyway, now that the redevelopment of the Commanders' Village has been underway for over a week now, I thought that it would be helpful to new visitors if we started listing the new constructions in this thread (or maybe another thread). I'll start listing in my next post, as soon as I get all of the coordinates together.

Epsilon 5, I have the pictures of the alien races, which you requested a week ago. Where would you like me to send them?

There has been a change of plans regarding the New Commanders' Village Directory: It's going to be in the form of three picture objects and two signs in the Village itself. EP5, do I have your permission to place these objects in front of Galcom's World?

The directory will list all of the structures that have been constructed or modified since the opening of this thread (June 2001). I have a list below. If I have missed any structures that qualify, please post the name and location here (if it's a secret hideout, just give me the name ).

Galcom's World (including $iLk's Bar and other interiors within)

Orion Fleet Offices

Gamma Wing HQ

Delta Wing Complex

Pkzip's House of Turkish Delights

Rico Jansen's Office

My Office

Baloogan's Tower

Epsilon 5's Secret Hideout

Insurgents' Secret Base

quote:

Epsilon 5, I have the pictures of the alien races, which you requested a week ago. Where would you like me to send them?

[email protected], would be alright. Thanks.

quote:

There has been a change of plans regarding the New Commanders' Village Directory: It's going to be in the form of three picture objects and two signs in the Village itself. EP5, do I have your permission to place these objects in front of Galcom's World?

Sure. I'll make space if you need.

quote:

Galcom's World (including $iLk's Bar and other interiors within)

Just a notice: I HAD a beautiful floor covered with screenies that linked to the big ones, but many people told me it was a framerate killer... so I'll build news computers than link to the screenies pages, and maybe put the very best screenies in thumbs around. Hmmm, hard job, and I'm not joking.

quote:

Epsilon 5's Secret Hideout

It's not "my" hideout anymore, you should call it the "Orion fleet secret underground facility"

[ 06-18-2001: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

Hmm, not that this has much of a relevance to the current direction of this thread, but I tried two times, without success, to download and install Active Worlds. I double-click the icon, my hard drive processes a bit, and then the wonderful windows Close Program box comes up saying the install program is Not Responding.

Anyone have any clues why? I tried both the download off of the Files section of this site, and the Active Worlds page itself. Neither worked.

quote:

Hmm, not that this has much of a relevance to the current direction of this thread, but I tried two times, without success, to download and install Active Worlds. I double-click the icon, my hard drive processes a bit, and then the wonderful windows Close Program box comes up saying the install program is Not Responding.

Anyone have any clues why? I tried both the download off of the Files section of this site, and the Active Worlds page itself. Neither worked.

I had this problem, but after my weekly formatting of my harddrive it worked fine