Is anyone still using Active Worlds?

Menchise

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Another change to the Directory has been the removal of the Orion Fleet Offices from the listing. The building will remain off the Directory until the structure actually contains some offices.

I think I should go back in AW and finish what I started...

Update: Who Is Enigma?

While exploring the Commanders' Village (it's a huge place) I discovered two structures built by an unknown tourist on the 5th of August. They were built inside two Romulan Warbird objects; one of them is hovering next to Jaguar's ship near the Delta Wing Complex and the other one is hovering outside the village wall nearby. One of the ships was named "Home of Enigma".

To say the least, I am curious. Who is Enigma? Is he/she a BC player or a real tourist exploring the Village?

Hmm...

I believe that is as it was intended to be, a riddle, mystery. Those who want to make themselves known will do so in time.

Hey Epsilon 5, I had a strange idea lately. The property deletions and havoc before, could some of them have been warnings before the server was wiped of tourist buildings? We may even need to thank the VE @$$hole or whoever it was... cause now our stuff is protected (if incomplete )

My office now has some furniture (YAY!). Apart from the obligatory chair and desk with computer on top, I also have a self-portrait on the wall that I made in Illustrator (yep, you'll finally have a chance to see what I look like ). Some of the subtle details were lost when I changed the format to jpeg and gif, though. I also have a big version of the self-portrait in my UBB profile.

I'll pop in some time today and take a look at everything and perhaps add more polygons to my huge arse building...

Anyone have any ideas for stuff to add?

Well I have updated my building a little bit. My geometry sux a$$ so some parts of the building look crappy. I am going for content right now, quality will come later. What does everyone think? What is needed and what needs blowing up? Everyone like my evil corporate capitalist office overlooking the village square? hehe

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Ok... I'll be there today, from now till 6:30pm at least, gmt-5. My bots will be there too. If I'm not there but my bots are (they will be dogs), just leave a message and I'll check the chat logs.

Just to let you know, I had to shut down my bot (you were harrassing it too much ). I'm currently rewriting it (having Intercorp Ulimited in mind) but cannot seem to find the time to finish it.

Hopefully I can get it back up at the end of the week.

Hope to see you there again soon.

Hey Epsilon 5, I will be stopping in either Thursday or Friday. Take a look at my building, and let me know what needs to go and what can stay.

want to elaborate on the ORION FLEET building? Offices for each Battle Group - Which reminds me, I just found out that I am in Sark with you.

Today I've worked on a building, but tomorrow, I'll take care of Orion. Maybe Uncovering the underground base should be a good thing (more space...), like if the Cmdr village building was a gateway.

...and the welcome center need *cough* *hack* tweaking *cough*... sheesh... I ph33r your shitty construction

LOL... did you see my latest message?

Whenever I redid the building, I was half awake and sleep drunk and when I got halfway done with floor one, I realized it was above ground like 5 meters!

So I had to try and lower each piece and it got screwed up...

Anyway - I will stop by soon and try and delete most of it and rebuild something different.

I like the feeling of power from my office though....

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Pkzip, are you still around? I've got a suprise for you!

Yes, I did it!

Whoa! Awesome, chief... never thought I'd see it again. Pretty much an identical reconstruction (but currently missing the massage wenches, hehe). Better location. I am truly honored. Thanks man.

I've been swamped recently, so haven't had hardly any time to check in. Good to see everyone's doing well. I'll be back when the headache du jour settles down.

Oh, and my other non-BC AW project also vanished, I just checked. The Server Giveth and the Server Taketh Away. The Tourist is Dead; Long Live the Tourist.

Yesterday I or/and my bots stayed there all day long... nobody appeared!

Silk, do you still plan on being there today? You should see the Orion base. It's over-ground now, more practical.

Menchise, I made the application for the Orion base. I'll continue working on it today. Oh, and the pkzip's house of turkish delight... It's complete I think.

I'll stop in sometime after lunch. I had some family problems yesterday, and won't be able to stay long much today...

Me and my wife are having difficulty right now so I am dealing with that, but I will stop by around 1300 my time I guess

New Village Update

-------------------------

1. It wasn't a dream.

I visited the New Commanders Village about half an hour ago and I couldn't believe my eyes.

I felt like I hadn't been to the place for years. The New Village Welcome Center has been completely redesigned and the ISS facility has doubled in size.

Many kudos go to $iLk, Epsilon 5, and Jerold Keenan for being such great builders.

Construction and redevelopment is proceeding well. Everyone should visit.

2. Temp Directory

Due to the reconstruction of the Welcome Center (or whatever it's going to be called now) I have placed the Directory in a temporary location at the front.

Directory Update coming soon.

[ 08-25-2001: Message edited by: Menchise ]

Well currently what I am building (took me five hours yesterday) is basically a new recreational block. I am currently trying to incorporate areas into sidewalk, plus I turned my one megacomplex into a huge city block of four buildings, $iLk's Bar, COF Nightclub, Observation tower, and the Galcom News Network : Mars Division.

I will also consider sidewalking around most of the newer areas if anyone wants to be a part of the beautification of MARS. Just email me at [email protected] and let me know what needs doing.

Menchise, I will be adding a spot for your directory, yesterday was for building, today I will be messing with Photoshop and designing signs for everything.

Did you see the bathroom in my bar that Epsilon 5 did?

From the observation tower top you can see Epsilon 5's "heaven"

And all sorts of other exciting things will be coming soon.

Email me if you want me to make sidewalks around your buildings, or feel free to continue my sidewalk patterns to outline the newest areas of the village.

I will drop in tonight sometime, I was thinking of seeing the Jay and Silent Bob movie...

Oh well, enjoy visiting.

quote:

Menchise, I will be adding a spot for your directory

As soon as you have a spot for it, send me a message and I'll put it there. I may need to change the URLs on the picture frames from time to time in case the Geocities server starts blinking again. It will still be a registered structure (I have permission for essential stuff).