I can't post for a month?

Guest JackBauerOfCTU2

Guest JackBauerOfCTU2

My previous account (Jack Bauer Of CTU) was sentenced to "Not being able to post for a month" and I'm not quite sure why. I only posted in two different threads under the "Universal Combat" area. The threads were "Thank you Derek Smart" and "This Community is eltist, but not 31337".

In the "Thank you Derek Smart" thread all I did was ask why I couldn't click on someone's profile. When I was told that he was banned, I asked why. I did not want to break a rule like this unfortunate poster did, so I asked for future reference. I was then not allowed to post for a month, and afterwards I was told that it was none of my business.

Perhaps my actions in the "This Community is eltist, but not 31337" thread caused my punishment. But all I did was agree with a poster that the graphics in UC could be better.

Certainly I did nothing wrong, by 1. Trying to understand the rules of this forum and avoid being banned like someone else, and 2. disscussing the game.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Well then... you where, in a sense, banned for a month from posting

And, in recreating that same account(with a slightly diff name), you just violated that temp ban.. and I believe you'll be perma banned for that.. but don't quote me

Anyway!

Bye bye

Jumping right in behind someone with an obvious problem with the way things are done around here is not the best way to go.

Paraphrase:

"This would be twice the bame if it had better graphics"

Yeah right. It would be a shadow of the game it is if it had stupendous graphics.

Guest JackBauerOfCTU2

Alright fine...If I have to email someone if I have a question I guess that's what I'll do next time.

I just figured that you guys were a friendly group, more then willing to help someone out with a question rather then accuse them of spam.

Unfotrunatly this board would be what you can consider "Hardcore". It's really deficult to stay in line and hell, I've already been warned a couple times myself. Next time (if there is one), just watch for a bit first.

When an admin or mod bans someone, they do it with good reason. Whenever this happens, I get a PM. The admins and mods have been here since the scaffolding was still up, so they know the rules. If you think you were banned unfairly, you would be wrong.

Anyway, you have been perma-banned (by me) for circumventing the temp-ban.

Guest JackBauerOfCTU3

Okay fine. I can accept that I have no place on your forum. That's fine, whatever. I just wanted to come here and have a good time discussing a good game. If you guys don't want me here that's your decision.

But if you're going to ban me at least give me a good reason why. I'm not going to repeat my first post in this thread, that states my questions, but they haven't been answered. So guys...what did I do? You didn't allow JackBauerOfCTU to post for a month and I didn't know why. So I had to make a new, simalar s/n so that I could find out why.

I'd be very appreciative if someone could enlighten me. Thanks, have a nice day.

You realize that by circumventing this perma-ban you can possibly be banned from the entire 3000ad site.

As for your queries:

quote:

In the "Thank you Derek Smart" thread all I did was ask why I couldn't click on someone's profile. When I was told that he was banned, I asked why. I did not want to break a rule like this unfortunate poster did, so I asked for future reference. I was then not allowed to post for a month, and afterwards I was told that it was none of my business.

You were banned in this situation because you seemed to continue pressing into information you weren't priviledged to. SC and the CAT aren't required to give any information out about why people are banned.

quote:

Certainly I did nothing wrong, by 1. Trying to understand the rules of this forum and avoid being banned like someone else, and 2. disscussing the game.

You did break the rules by posting the following in the "Thank you Derek Smart" Thread:

quote:

Icon 1 posted December 09, 2004 20:01 Edit/Delete Post I don't know. Was he banned? Other then you no one has replied since I asked that.

You were requested to not talk about it further by a moderator member and did not listen, therefore there was the ban.

There is little tolerance for things like this and sadly again, you decided to CIRCUMVENT ANOTHER BAN instead of contacting the CAT.

Since Derek has not ordered us to not reply to this topic, I will tell you, Jack, exactly why Remo Williams originally revoked your posting rights for one month.

By asking, "Why should I conform to your forum?" The Friendly Sea Monster directly challenged the Supreme Commander (aka Derek Smart). Then, when you asked, "Was he banned?" you appeared to side with the trouble-maker.

What should all of us learn from this experience?

[*]Do NOT post without a valid Game Registration Info in your sig! Even once. I learned this first hand; and only by the mercy and generosity of the SC am I still here.

[*]Never challenge the authority of Derek Smart. Do not even say anything that could be construed as such a challenge.

Jack, by creating an additional profile, you have challenging Remo's authority as well, which was given to him by Derek. Remo Williams is a trusted administrator, one of several people that Derek has personally appointed to maintain order on this Bulletin Board.

Now, by registering a third profile, you face a server-wide IP ban....

N'uff said.

the thing you have to realize and respect is that this is dericks game. he has turned this game into a legacy that is known all over the internet. some hate it and some like it. Reguardless derick knows what he is doing, and he knows it. he knows what he wants in the game and adds it when he can afford to do so. as such many sudgestions get thrown out the window. this causes the people that sudgest them to get mad and then reply in anger. that's probably how 50% of the people here get banned. the other 50% is because people don't read the rules or refuse to as you put it "conform to your forum". niether reason is hard to prevent on your personal behalf and should mean a long membership to this community.

as for asking why certain people are banned... why do you want to know anyway? the rules are posted for all to see, the person obviously broke one of the rules there.

if you feel that you shouldn't need to walk on egg shells then simply... don't...